2023-24 National Championship: Michigan vs Washington

Who Wins

• Michigan

Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Washington

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Washington has two disasters. Losing and then blowing that wide open play on 4th and 7. Michigan ball again.

For all you dumbasses that think PJ's offense is boring, this is what is does against non-Big10 teams. The rest of college football doesn't play D and can't stop the good offensive lines and running games.

Michigan has what three years in a row or something like that the highest rated OL in the country. Plus, they have a quarterback that other teams have to respect you and PJ are the dumbasses if you think his offense is worth a shit.

Michigan has what three years in a row or something like that the highest rated OL in the country. Plus, they have a quarterback that other teams have to respect you and PJ are the dumbasses if you think his offense is worth a shit.

Too bad nobody told the Tar Heels about this.

When I watched him for the Hoosiers, I didn't think he was all that much. He's vastly improved. Part of that is clearly him and part of it is the stellar supporting cast at Washington. He was awesome last night.

Washington has the best OL in the country, arguably, one of the best WR corp in the country, and an incredibly elite OC and play-calling in Washington. And there wasn't a PAC-12 defense in the Top 50 in the country if I'm not mistaken. I think I heard Penix was sacked 12 times in the last two years. That's insane.

Michigan is flexing their muscle tonight. Not surprising.

I wouldn’t want to pick those Harbaugh boys and their dad out of a lineup.

Great defensive play. Needed it badly.

Touchdown before half.....and they get the ball at half. Washington managed to keep in it.

I realize all the analytics angles, but I am having a difficult time figuring out why Harbaugh didn't punt on 4&3 even though it was inside Washington territory. Gave Washington some life. Can't prove the negative, so maybe Washington goes the length of the field. Thing I've noticed both in college and the pros this year is coaches just tossing game situation out the window and instead going with the analytics.

Felt like MI was going to curb stomp WA. If Penix didn’t miss the wide open receiver it would be tied @ the 1/2.

I realize all the analytics angles, but I am having a difficult time figuring out why Harbaugh didn't punt on 4&3 even though it was inside Washington territory. Gave Washington some life. Can't prove the negative, so maybe Washington goes the length of the field. Thing I've noticed both in college and the pros this year is coaches just tossing game situation out the window and instead going with the analytics.
Silly to go for it and give them a short field, especially when they get the ball back to start the third quarter.

The way that Michigan has been pounding the ball down Washington's throat.....I wasn't surprised they went for it at all. More surprised by the play call. But really.....the Washington d-end had to make a great play to keep that from converting.

The way that Michigan has been pounding the ball down Washington's throat.....I wasn't surprised they went for it at all. More surprised by the play call. But really.....the Washington d-end had to make a great play to keep that from converting.
I’d rather make Washington drive the length of the field, as Wash O has been struggling.

Chris Fowler is semi-clueless most of the time.

He has a good delivery and works well with Herbie, but seems like he should know more about the game.

I’d rather make Washington drive the length of the field, as Wash O has been struggling.

I mean.....Penix missed a wide open Odunze on 4th down for what probably should have been a TD prior to that. And I don't think that Michigan wins with 17 points.

Regardless of things to the half, two thoughts...

First, feeling a little better about being destoyed by the potential Nattie King for 2024.

Second, welcome the the Big 10 to the new 4 teams...

I mean.....Penix missed a wide open Odunze on 4th down for what probably should have been a TD prior to that. And I don't think that Michigan wins with 17 points.
We know they put 7 on the board because they didn’t make the first down, it’s theoretical if they still score if Mich punted.

You say potato and I say potatoe

Last edited:

Agreed. Stupid in my opinion. Jim H will regret that call forever if they end of losing this.

If and buts were candy and nuts.... 50% to convert. Not worth it IMO when you lead by 14 and defense playing well.

They should have pinned them back with a punt. It wasn't just 4th and 1.

Michigan was well into Washington zone so I can see being hesitant to punt, to not go for it in a big game.

I thought passing it on 4th down was dumb too. Either punt or run it down Washington's throat like they've done all game. I'm kinda glad they did that, though. The dumb call makes it a better game.

The price of Penix might be coming down a little I was starting to see him in the top 10 of mock drafts since the semifinal

Seems like Michigan has gone plain vanilla, too to go into a shell.

In the Joe Namath Super Bowl win, the Jets ran the ball every play of the 4th quarter (not one pass).

So yes it's nice to run the ball. It's nice to pass when you need to too.

Top Bottom