2023-24 National Championship: Michigan vs Washington

Who Wins

• Michigan

Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Washington

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm going with the Huskies to win it. Penix was just amazing against Texas and so was the WR Rome O. If they repeat that performance it's a slam dunk for UW.

I'm going with the Huskies to win it. Penix was just amazing against Texas and so was the WR Rome O. If they repeat that performance it's a slam dunk for UW.
Texas has a solid D, but not nearly as good as the Michigan defense. They were out of the top 25 FBS in total defense and 15th scoring defense. Michigan is 1st in both categories. I see Washington being held to the low 20s with Michigan scoring in the 30s!

I think it's a Thunder v. Lightning game. If Michigan can grind it out and milk the clock successfully, they'll probably win. I like McCarthy and he can be brilliant, but he's also a bit inconsistent and a little impatient. Washington has the athleticism on the outside and Penix, Jr., has shown himself to be an effective trigger-man. Key for Michigan is keeping the Washington offense on the sideline.

Maybe it's only me, but I really get a kick out of players adding the "Jr." or "III" to their names, sometimes on their jerseys. I kind of doubt that Michael Penix, Jr., would be confused with Michael Penix, Sr., on the field.

Different take. How good are Washington's special teams? Could Michigan lose due to poor special teams play?

So hard to limit the NFL players from Michigan and Washington to only 25... ;)

1. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

2. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington

3. Troy Fautanu, OT/G, Washington

4. J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

5. Bralen Trice, edge, Washington

6. Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

7. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan

8. Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

9. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan

10. Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

I have several friends drinking at the same Houston bar as Connor Stalions. He’s in full Michigan garb.

Michigan fans love to criticize their rivals for cheating, sex abuse scandals, etc but have zero issue rooting for their programs who have been embroiled in the same controversy.

Look at Washington with a promo featuring more boat rowing than anything Fleck has ever done

It annoys me that ESPN can't bother to show the starting lineups and just show impact players.

Michigan is on a different level. Loaded with NFL talent.

This is bully ball....Hopefully we take note of some of those jumbo formations since this is what PJ wants to run.

For all you dumbasses that think PJ's offense is boring, this is what is does against non-Big10 teams. The rest of college football doesn't play D and can't stop the good offensive lines and running games.
How many lone stars have been consumed?

Top Bottom