2023-24 Gophers on TV

MINNEAPOLIS – The Big Ten Conference announced Tuesday a total of 10 Minnesota women's basketball games will be broadcast across four different networks. Six games will be broadcast nationally on Big Ten Network, one will be on FS1 and three will be streamed exclusively on Peacock, a subsidiary of NBC.

Overall, the 'U' will have every single women's basketball contest broadcasted on either a linear television network or on a streaming service. For fans looking to sign up, or connect with their television provider, click here. Tip times for the remaining games on Minnesota's women's basketball schedule will be revealed later.

After three games on B1G+, the Golden Gophers will host the University of Connecticut on November 19, with the game broadcasted nationally on FS1. The game has been set for a 6 p.m. CT start at Williams Arena with single-game tickets available now for the game with the Huskies.

Four non-conference games after the UConn matchup will be streamed on B1G+ followed by Minnesota's first road test of the year at Kentucky, which will be streamed on SEC Network+ on December 6, at 6 p.m. at Rupp Arena.

The Big Ten opener for the University of Minnesota will be against Purdue, on December 10. That game, along with the following two, will be streamed on B1G+. The Gophers first matchup with a conference opponent on national TV will be against the Iowa Hawkeyes on December 30, in Iowa City. The game at Carver-Hawkeye Arena will start at 1 p.m. CT on Big Ten Network.

After a matchup with Maryland on B1G+, Minnesota will take on the Michigan Wolverines on Big Ten Network on January 9. That game in Ann Arbor, Mich., will begin at 7 p.m. CT. Following that Minnesota returns for a home contest against Nebraska on B1G+.

The first chance to see the Golden Gophers on Peacock will be on January 17, against the Indiana Hoosiers. That game in Bloomington, is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. CT. Minnesota returns home on January 20, for a matchup on B1G+ with the Spartans of Michigan State and will follow that up with a trip to the Kohl Center to take on the Wisconsin Badgers on January 23, at 8 p.m., on Big Ten Network.

The next two games for the Maroon and Gold will be streamed on B1G+, with those matchups being against Illinois and Penn State. Then Minnesota will have three straight games broadcasted on Big Ten Network and Peacock. The first being a road test against Michigan State on Big Ten Network on February 5, at 5 p.m. Ohio State will then travel to the Barn to take on Minnesota on February 8, at 8 p.m. The last game of that three-game stretch will be a road game against Rutgers, at Jersey Mike's Arena in Piscataway, N.J., on Big Ten Network on February 13, with a tip time of 6 p.m. CT.

The final stretch of the season for Minnesota will see Minnesota host the Badgers on the Big Ten Network on February 20, at 6 p.m. as well as another Peacock broadcast, this time against the Iowa Hawkeyes on February 28, at Williams Arena at 8 p.m. The other three contests against Northwestern (Feb. 17), Nebraska (Feb. 24) and Penn State (March 3) will be streamed on B1G+.

The 2024 Big Ten Tournament held in Minneapolis at the Target Center will be broadcast by a combination of Peacock, the Big Ten Network and CBS

1696383425669.png

For the games on B1G+, you can buy both annual subscriptions and monthly passes.

-All Minnesota Gophers games broadcast on B1G+.

-All Big Ten teams broadcast on B1G+ for basketball.

-Conference Pass for everything on B1G+ for the conference.

This broadcast schedule for Minnesota "ain't too bad' for this season.

1 game on FS1, 3 games on Peacock, and six games on Big Ten Network (10 total)

For comparison, Wisconsin has zero FS1, 2 on Peacock, and then 7 on Big Ten Network (10 total)

Maryland gets 1 on ABC and 1 on Fox.

UConn, up another level, gets ESPN.

This Minnesota core team will get on ABC and ESPN later, I'm sure.

As an out of state Minnesota sports fan, with a limited income, the spreading of sports over many different platforms is getting expensive and irritating. BTW, I don't have a TV in my house and my only phone is a work phone, which discourages adding Apps that are not job related, so I watch everything on a desktop computer/monitor.

Ideally, in the summer, I only have Netflix and MLB.com for entertainment & Twins baseball. Plenty of entertainment for about $40 a month. Since I already pay over $100 for cable computer access, I'm not interested in spending another $100+ that I don't have on a cable TV package.

In the winter, the MLB cost goes away, and I replace it with Sling and Big 10+ to watch Gophers hoops. Honestly, I don't really bother with any other Sling programming, just the basketball. So now we're up to almost $60-$70 a month (Big 10+ is about $10/month, right?). Now they're moving some of the games over to Peacock. Another platform I don't really want, but will need to buy to catch some of the Gopher games? When is it going to stop?

I know that some of these platforms offer a free month or week of access. Don't get me started on the inconvenience of having to jump through even more extra hoops to go through the sign-up process, having to remember what platform has what, then remind myself when the cancel date is, and go through the process of cancelling. Guh!

Poor mans rant over!

As an out of state Minnesota sports fan, with a limited income, the spreading of sports over many different platforms is getting expensive and irritating. BTW, I don't have a TV in my house and my only phone is a work phone, which discourages adding Apps that are not job related, so I watch everything on a desktop computer/monitor.

Ideally, in the summer, I only have Netflix and MLB.com for entertainment & Twins baseball. Plenty of entertainment for about $40 a month. Since I already pay over $100 for cable computer access, I'm not interested in spending another $100+ that I don't have on a cable TV package.

In the winter, the MLB cost goes away, and I replace it with Sling and Big 10+ to watch Gophers hoops. Honestly, I don't really bother with any other Sling programming, just the basketball. So now we're up to almost $60-$70 a month (Big 10+ is about $10/month, right?). Now they're moving some of the games over to Peacock. Another platform I don't really want, but will need to buy to catch some of the Gopher games? When is it going to stop?

I know that some of these platforms offer a free month or week of access. Don't get me started on the inconvenience of having to jump through even more extra hoops to go through the sign-up process, having to remember what platform has what, then remind myself when the cancel date is, and go through the process of cancelling. Guh!

Poor mans rant over!
No question, it is annoying...money or no money....finding the channel...filling out the required info to sign up etc

Poor mans rant over!
I'm looking into options when I retire to get rid of Xfinity. Currently playing around with T-Mobile for internet; $30 a month. I also plan on giving fubo TV streaming a shot. It has B1G, ESPN, etc. Base is $74.99/month. Can either stream it thru my TV or thru Roku.

We will go to a couple games this year. However, with the price of Big 10+ being twice as much as ESPN+ per month, and 1/10 of the programming, especially basketball, I guess we’ll just be watching other conferences again this year.

Here's the Peacock lineup for Big Ten games. It's Hawkeye heavy
Michigan St @ IowaTuesday1/2/20249:00 PM
Iowa @ PurdueWednesday1/10/20248:00 PM
Wisconsin @ IowaTuesday1/16/20249:00 PM
Ohio St @ MarylandWednesday1/17/20247:00 PM
Minnesota @ IndianaWednesday1/17/20248:00 PM
Iowa @ Ohio StateSunday1/21/202412:00 PM
Indiana @ PurdueSunday1/21/20242:00 PM
Ohio St @ IllinoisThursday1/25/20247:00 PM
Indiana @ MarylandWednesday1/31/20247:00 PM
Iowa @ NorthwesternWednesday1/31/20248:00 PM
Michigan St @ IndianaThursday2/8/20247:00 PM