2023-24 College Football Transfer Portal Thread

Anthony Jones a RUSH DE from Indiana is on a visit.
Would be his 3rd school already as a redshirt sophomore, started at Oregon. He also has already de-committed this portal cycle from Oregon State who he was committed too for a couple weeks before re-opening the recruitment. Had his pick of the litter of schools coming out of high school, seems like a good athlete, but hasn't made a huge impact yet. Had a solid game against Penn State for Indiana this year as a RS Freshman though

Not saying he'll land any of them, or even try. But theres a FLOOD of Washington and Alabama players in the portal. I personally would love to see PJ at least take a swing.

Not saying he'll land any of them, or even try. But theres a FLOOD of Washington and Alabama players in the portal. I personally would love to see PJ at least take a swing.
Same. I know there's not a lot of space left for more transfers, but still worth reaching out to some of these players. Everyone else will be.

It would shock me if he didn't reach out to some, but most of these guys were also recruited by guys at the other big schools too and they're reaching out too ;)

Washington getting absolutely hammered in the transfer portal with no chance to sign new transfers as replacements. Alabama the same way with about 28 players currently transferring out. The NCAA has no idea what it's doing.

Washington getting absolutely hammered in the transfer portal with no chance to sign new transfers as replacements. Alabama the same way with about 28 players currently transferring out. The NCAA has no idea what it's doing.

There will be another portal opening before the season starts.

I'd rather let the players make their moves when a coach leaves rather than telling them they can't.

There will be another portal opening before the season starts.

I'd rather let the players make their moves when a coach leaves rather than telling them they can't.
I agree. With all the things I dislike about the new era of college athletics, I always thought players should have the right to transfer without being punished after coaching changes.

As school's evaluate whether they may move on from a coach they are really going to need to understand what level of coach they can get to replace that coach. In today's portal environment you may find yourself in a total rebuild with half the team hitting the portal right after the announcement. Not only that, you need to consider timing of that firing so you can take advantage of the portal to rebuild. Gone are the days when a new coach came into basically an intact team and just had to work on his staff and understanding the personnel he has. Now you need to come in and re-recruit the whole team and possibly do a lot of rebuilding on top of everything else. It will be interesting to see what Alabama and Washington will look like this next year with the amount of player movement.

Also, if Harbaugh also ends up exiting for the NFL, it will be interesting to see what that fire sale will look like.

As school's evaluate whether they may move on from a coach they are really going to need to understand what level of coach they can get to replace that coach. In today's portal environment you may find yourself in a total rebuild with half the team hitting the portal right after the announcement. Not only that, you need to consider timing of that firing so you can take advantage of the portal to rebuild. Gone are the days when a new coach came into basically an intact team and just had to work on his staff and understanding the personnel he has. Now you need to come in and re-recruit the whole team and possibly do a lot of rebuilding on top of everything else. It will be interesting to see what Alabama and Washington will look like this next year with the amount of player movement.

Also, if Harbaugh also ends up exiting for the NFL, it will be interesting to see what that fire sale will look like.

Yeah, Michigan could be interesting to say the least.

Top Bottom