2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Damn. It's gonna be even tougher now to catch osu for NIT purposes. Also, now they've got some confidence. Gonna make that next game a little more interesting. They were lifeless down the stretch under Holtmann.
A win like the one they just had can also work against teams. See it all the time after a big upset where a team comes out really flat the next game, especially on the road.

A win like the one they just had can also work against teams. See it all the time after a big upset where a team comes out really flat the next game, especially on the road.

For sure. I can see that too. Best case would have been a close loss for osu IMO. Would have been deflated.

Utah about to fall to first 4 out if they lose @ UCLA.

Crazy finish. UCLA hits go ahead shot with 6 seconds. Utah goes all the way down and makes a put-back with 0.2.

Ooof. UCLA with a huge gaffe at the end of the game.

People can make the case that the Big Ten is down this year because we don't have many top end teams......but there aren't any downright bad teams either. The parity in the league this year is something.

My guess is the BE and B10 both get 6 teams in the tournament when it's all said and done. Big win for SH tonight.

I'd still say 16 most likely. Keep in mind we only play Purdue, Illinois and Wisconsin once, plus they'd get Wisconsin at home in this scenario.
So with the teams you've mentioned they are 1-2. I agree they are a great team, but after watching them get beat by 30 to uconn they most likely lose a few more on road in big ten just like purdue. Some people on this board thought purdue would run away in this league. Never happens. Too tough to win on road. I like marquette, but dont think they go 16-4 in big ten. Big East not that good this year!

So with the teams you've mentioned they are 1-2. I agree they are a great team, but after watching them get beat by 30 to uconn they most likely lose a few more on road in big ten just like purdue. Some people on this board thought purdue would run away in this league. Never happens. Too tough to win on road. I like marquette, but dont think they go 16-4 in big ten. Big East not that good this year!

I think Purdue is likely to get to 16 wins, and that's with playing Illinois and Wisconsin twice. They've beaten Illinois on the road, and would get Wisconsin at home(who's not great on the road).

The BE and B10 are very similar leagues this year. 3 top 20ish teams. 3 more likely tournament teams, and then a bunch of meh after that. The BE does have two awful teams. Something the B1G doesn't.

Either way we'll never know.

I think Purdue is likely to get to 16 wins, and that's with playing Illinois and Wisconsin twice. They've beaten Illinois on the road, and would get Wisconsin at home(who's not great on the road).

The BE and B10 are very similar leagues this year. 3 top 20ish teams. 3 more likely tournament teams, and then a bunch of meh after that. The BE does have two awful teams. Something the B1G doesn't.

Either way we'll never know.
You're absolutely right! Who knows how many games marquette wins in the big ten, but they have proven at times this year they are just as bad as every team in college basketball. They can be very average at times which makes me think they dont win 16 games in big ten, but what do i know.

noting Kanye Clary no longer with PSU. he's been their leading scorer
Per Mike Rhoades, Kanye Clary is no longer with the team. In his weekly press conference, Rhoades mentioned it was a “coach’s decision” to “move on” from the guard.

Virginia scored 16 in the 1st half tonight against Virginia Tech. That included a stretch from about 9:30 left in the first half to 17:30 in the 2nd where they scored 2 points. That’s 2 points in a 12 minute stretch!

Virginia scored 16 in the 1st half tonight against Virginia Tech. That included a stretch from about 9:30 left in the first half to 17:30 in the 2nd where they scored 2 points. That’s 2 points in a 12 minute stretch!
UVa deserves to miss the tournament. Ugly.

That would seem almost impossible.

Per Mike Rhoades, Kanye Clary is no longer with the team. In his weekly press conference, Rhoades mentioned it was a “coach’s decision” to “move on” from the guard.

He did something bad.

Since when can the ball bounce on top of the backboard?
The ball has to go over the backboard or hit a support to be dead. The sides and top are in play. FYI, I refereed basketball for 33 years.

Only caught the 1st half of the Iowa State @ Houston. Cougars turned the Cyclones over 21 times. Dang.

Top Bottom