2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

San Diego State looking a lot more like the Final Four team from last year than they have. Up a dozen near the end of the first half. Mountain West arenas seem like mad houses on TV.
Wasn’t overly impressed with the Aztecs. Maybe it was their propensity for turnovers. They had 20. Pitino has a few nice young players to build around with Dent (6 turnovers), Toppin (18 points,10 rebounds) and Washington. Mashburn (2 turnovers) was an absolute non factor. House (5 turnovers) fancies himself as being entertaining.
All in all a really sloppy game.

Wasn’t overly impressed with the Aztecs. Maybe it was their propensity for turnovers. They had 20. Pitino has a few nice young players to build around with Dent (6 turnovers), Toppin (18 points,10 rebounds) and Washington. Mashburn (2 turnovers) was an absolute non factor. House (5 turnovers) fancies himself as being entertaining.
All in all a really sloppy game.
Didn’t see the second half.

I wasn’t sure who to cheer for in the Iowa - Wisconsin game. But love to see the skunks lose any game.

Iowa takes down Wisconsin. Weakling Wednesday here we come.
guessing wisconsin will finish 11-9 to avoid weakling wednesday, though they are 1-5 in their last 6 games

going out on a limb, wisconsin should just make the tournament. if they go out in the first round I wouldn't be surprised if McIntosh finds a new coach

i think its just a spell of bad basketball for wisconsin. i don't think there are any injuries and the badgers have had the luxury of starting the same 5 every game so far this season

Last edited:

going out on a limb, wisconsin should just make the tournament. if they go out in the first round I wouldn't be surprised if McIntosh finds a new coach
I'd say doubtful. Wisconsin would have to lose out and miss the tournament for Gard's job to even be up for discussion. The Badgers could go 1-5 from here and they are still probably in with the strength of their Marquette and Virginia wins, I'm guessing.

I think Wisconsin only loses Wahl. If Gard flops with the veteran-heavy team they will have next season, I think he may likely be shown the door then. But it's rare a senior-laden Wisconsin team goes down in flames so I wouldn't bet on that either.

guessing wisconsin will finish 11-9 to avoid weakling wednesday, though they are 1-5 in their last 6 games

i think its just a spell of bad basketball for wisconsin. i don't think there are any injuries and the badgers have had the luxury of starting the same 5 every game so far this season
Wisconsin was a 4 seed in the NCAA's preliminary bracket. Seems laughable.

I'd say doubtful. Wisconsin would have to lose out and miss the tournament for Gard's job to even be up for discussion. The Badgers could go 1-5 from here and they are still probably in with the strength of their Marquette and Virginia wins, I'm guessing.

I think Wisconsin only loses Wahl. If Gard flops with the veteran-heavy team they will have next season, I think he may likely be shown the door then. But it's rare a senior-laden Wisconsin team goes down in flames so I wouldn't bet on that either.
I’m with you. Entering the season, it felt like the year that could put Gard on the hot seat. If you told me on Nov 1 that badgers would make the tournament and have a round 1 loss, I’d say it would have solidified Gard’s job…. I thought then and still think now that they aren’t a very good team by Wisconsin standards over the last decade or two. However, their recent unraveling (or regression to the mean?) is going to put Gard under the microscope a bit more unless he makes some noise in March. BTW, their March schedule is going to be the toughest stretch they’ve had all year.

Not good for FAU, that's probably a two team conference to get into the dance.
They have played with fire all year barely beating teams they should have crushed. Can’t play that close to the edge and not eventually pay the price.

Damn. It's gonna be even tougher now to catch osu for NIT purposes. Also, now they've got some confidence. Gonna make that next game a little more interesting. They were lifeless down the stretch under Holtmann.

IU should be embarrassed. No Berry, and Buie and Barnhizer have played like a combined 14 minutes and they are down by 8. Just awful effort this far.

Top Bottom