2022 Turkey of the Year Prediction Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Another year, another full table to choose from.

Pat with a rare hint, but doubt he'll pick Fleck:

KAT or DLo or Wolves front office will get mentioned, but too much goodwill from the way last season ended. Certainly the Twins front office or Rocco will be mentioned and could be selected.

FIFA World Cup organizers will get a mention if Pat cares about soccer (not sure he does).

Go Gophers!!

Reusse has a way of finding an angle that goes against expectations.

If I had to guess, I think this year might be one of his "theme" selections, like the year that "Death" won the award.

Reusse kind of made a truce with Fleck. If he hasn't given it to Falvey and Levine, it's their time to shine.

Another year, another full table to choose from.

Pat with a rare hint, but doubt he'll pick Fleck:

KAT or DLo or Wolves front office will get mentioned, but too much goodwill from the way last season ended. Certainly the Twins front office or Rocco will be mentioned and could be selected.

FIFA World Cup organizers will get a mention if Pat cares about soccer (not sure he does).

Go Gophers!!
Given Pat's very public history as a recovering alcoholic, maybe he gives the TOY to Budweiser for putting up huge WC sponsorship dollars only to have Qatar ban in stadium beer sales at the last minute. (Yes, the move gets Bud a ton of publicity, but it's still a bitch slap.)

Given Pat's very public history as a recovering alcoholic, maybe he gives the TOY to Budweiser for putting up huge WC sponsorship dollars only to have Qatar ban in stadium beer sales at the last minute. (Yes, the move gets Bud a ton of publicity, but it's still a bitch slap.)
Watching soccer. In Qatar. No suds.

Sounds like my personal hell.

Might be on the right track. Think that Patrick will give it to FIFA for staging the Cup in Qatar in the first place.

Someone with the Twins. Maybe Falvey. Maybe Buxton. Maybe Jim Pohlad. Dark horse: Correa. My $$ is on Falvey/Falvine.

I don't think he cares enough about soccer. Plus there's no local angle.

Knowing Fat Pat.....he'll give it to Ben Johnson for no other reason but to be a dink.

I don't think he cares enough about soccer. Plus there's no local angle.
Whomever was responsible for having that WC Qualifier played in St Paul with temps in single digits should get the honor.

No brainer.

Rudy Gobert is making a late bid for the honor.

I think it'll be Rocco but the reasons will be mostly issues with Falvine. I just think Rocco is better clickbate than Falvine.

I think it'll be Rocco but the reasons will be mostly issues with Falvine. I just think Rocco is better clickbate than Falvine.
Whatever made Wes Johnson leave in the middle of the season deserves to be called out.

Billy Guerin I think is a darkhorse candidate. Been a rough start after he doubled down on his views of Fleury/Talbot and Fiala. Owner sticking his fat mouth in on how Rossi should be in the top six will get a seat at the table as well. Don't think the Wolves will be as they went for it by getting Gobert, bringing in Connelly was viewed as a big time aggressive move and all the Rojas shit was last year. The Falvine combo and Rocco are very deserving as well. Pegan ineptness was worth about 10 games in the standings too. Scrote Frost has to be invited I'd imagine. Auburn Football still paying the buyouts for two fired staffs. Jimbo Fischer. I would say maybe Zimmer, but he's too busy fucking 25 year old models to care

Whatever made Wes Johnson leave in the middle of the season deserves to be called out.
I'm guessing he got tired of the analytics stat geek underlings in the front office telling him how to do his job and reached a breaking point. I certainly don't buy that he had to leave right then and couldn't wait for the end of the season.

I'm guessing he got tired of the analytics stat geek underlings in the front office telling him how to do his job and reached a breaking point. I certainly don't buy that he had to leave right then and couldn't wait for the end of the season.
That's my take too, so I don't really blame Wes for heading down to Baton Rouge. So the Turkey recognition should go to whomever allowed that situation to happen.

No. 10. Miguel Sano, ex-Twins whiffer. What coulda been, if 400-foot home runs to right field had been enough.

No. 9. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets. In a zany league, he remains the zaniest.

No. 8. Matt Birk, former Pro Bowler. Once said of his Vikings, "We put the fun in dysfunctional.'' Joined with running mate Scott Jensen as Gov/Lt. Gov to put the sass in di-sass-ter for Minnesota GOP on Nov. 8.

No. 7. Brett Favre, retired quarterback. This time, no photos of his private area; only taking piles of thousands from state of Mississippi under false pretenses.

No. 6. D'Angelo Russell, Timberwolves. Too many nights, he puts the err in terrible.

No. 5. P.J. Fleck, Gophers football coach. The Chairman tried. He jumped on the bandwagon two days before Gophers went to Michigan State for a blowout win. Then Fleck found Gophers coach Henry Williams' playbook from the 1910s and started using it.

No. 4. Mikaela Shiffrin, U.S. downhill skier. World's best … bombed out completely in Winter Olympics. Misses podium again here.

Bronze: Rudy Gobert, Timberwolves. Mentioned above, but Wolves gave up a ransom, you're making $205 million and you haven't done enough to start whining about a few boos from one of the most beat-up fan bases in North America.

Silver: Dustin Johnson, LIV golfer. He's representing the 54-hole money grubbers that play in preset, 48-man fields with results that haven't caused a ripple with golf fans.

Gold: Herschel Walker, former football player. Walker's impact as failed Viking was such that this award was called "Herschel the Turkey'' for several years in his honor, although his top finish was as runner-up in 1990.

No. 10. Miguel Sano, ex-Twins whiffer. What coulda been, if 400-foot home runs to right field had been enough.

No. 9. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets. In a zany league, he remains the zaniest.

No. 8. Matt Birk, former Pro Bowler. Once said of his Vikings, "We put the fun in dysfunctional.'' Joined with running mate Scott Jensen as Gov/Lt. Gov to put the sass in di-sass-ter for Minnesota GOP on Nov. 8.

No. 7. Brett Favre, retired quarterback. This time, no photos of his private area; only taking piles of thousands from state of Mississippi under false pretenses.

No. 6. D'Angelo Russell, Timberwolves. Too many nights, he puts the err in terrible.

No. 5. P.J. Fleck, Gophers football coach. The Chairman tried. He jumped on the bandwagon two days before Gophers went to Michigan State for a blowout win. Then Fleck found Gophers coach Henry Williams' playbook from the 1910s and started using it.

No. 4. Mikaela Shiffrin, U.S. downhill skier. World's best … bombed out completely in Winter Olympics. Misses podium again here.

Bronze: Rudy Gobert, Timberwolves. Mentioned above, but Wolves gave up a ransom, you're making $205 million and you haven't done enough to start whining about a few boos from one of the most beat-up fan bases in North America.

Silver: Dustin Johnson, LIV golfer. He's representing the 54-hole money grubbers that play in preset, 48-man fields with results that haven't caused a ripple with golf fans.

Gold: Herschel Walker, former football player. Walker's impact as failed Viking was such that this award was called "Herschel the Turkey'' for several years in his honor, although his top finish was as runner-up in 1990.

Disappointed that the Twins “brain trust” didn’t crack the top ten

Ok, that was funny.
It would be pure gold if Fleck, KC, and Simon leaned into this one.

Dressed up in 1910's clothing and did like a short silent film with old timey visual effects.

"KC and Simon - Coach, havya heard the news about the new forward pass?!

Fleck - Now yous look here see! I'll have none of that in my outfit!"

It would be pure gold if Fleck, KC, and Simon leaned into this one.

Dressed up in 1910's clothing and did like a short silent film with old timey visual effects.

"KC and Simon - Coach, havya heard the news about the new forward pass?!

Fleck - Now yous look here see! I'll have none of that in my outfit!"

Txs for the laugh

Top Bottom