2022 Revenge Tour

The pieces are certainly in place…other than a whole new offensive line. Hopefully they’re up to speed by conference play

We not only lose our OL but key players on defense particularly at DT and LB. I am not as optimistic as some over '22. Perhaps PJ can find some of the pieces in the portal again.

every season is its own deal.

going into 2021, nobody knew Mo was going to blow out his achilles.

and I guarantee you that something will happen in 2022 that nobody is planning for.

Sure, if everything goes perfectly, it looks good on offense. But, we don't know what the OL is going to look like, or how good they're going to play. we don't know if things are going to look different with Kirk C back as OC. we don't know what version of Mo we're getting.

On Defense, openings and question marks on the DL and LB's. Have to replace Durr at CB.

Now, I expect/suspect that there will be transfers and other additions. the roster is not finalized.

But there are a lot of questions to be answered between now and next season.

Not necessarily part of the “revenge” tour because we won, but Sean Clifford in his “I’m coming back next year” tweet ends it with “burn the boats”. Not sure if it’s a direct shot at Fleck, but weird if it is.

We not only lose our OL but key players on defense particularly at DT and LB. I am not as optimistic as some over '22. Perhaps PJ can find some of the pieces in the portal again.
Cal Stoll used to say that after three games, you had your OL at Minnesota.

Per usual, it only takes til the third post of a positive thread to go “concerned”. They should allow betting on fan pages.

Most of the revenge tour will be other teams trying for revenge on the Gophers.

Such is life when the team went 8-4, and was 5-2 against 2022 opponents. The Gophers also have the last win in the series vs Penn St, Rutgers, Western Illinois, and New Mexico State

Gotta get The Pig.

If we do we'll have both in the Trophy Case for the first time in forever. Great if only for 7 weeks.

JMS and Andries have not made any sort of declaration for 2022. If one or both comes back the O-Line looks a lot different. Also a number of players on D that have not made an official decision about next season.

Based on recent history I expect Fleck to find some good options in the portal to bolster the roster. He has had a lot of success going that route in recent years, especially on defense.

Reactions: PSJ

This will probably the toughest road schedule we’ve seen under Fleck. @PSU, @MSU, and @Wisconsin at the tail end of the season will be a major test.

This thread has again shown that there are three main types of posters on GopherHole:

TYPE ONE: The glass is half full

TYPE TWO: The glass is half empty

TYPE THREE: It might be half full, it might be half empty; we have to wait and see.

Gotta get The Pig.

If we do we'll have both in the Trophy Case for the first time in forever. Great if only for 7 weeks.
Four weeks in 1993. The last season we won both trophies was 1990. For two weeks in 1978, we had the Jug, Pig and Axe.

Last edited:

This thread has again shown that there are three main types of posters on GopherHole:

TYPE ONE: The glass is half full

TYPE TWO: The glass is half empty

TYPE THREE: It might be half full, it might be half empty; we have to wait and see.
In other words, SON.

😉

Not necessarily part of the “revenge” tour because we won, but Sean Clifford in his “I’m coming back next year” tweet ends it with “burn the boats”. Not sure if it’s a direct shot at Fleck, but weird if it is.

Definitely is. I 100% remember the d-bag's "pump up" speech before our 2019 meeting where he yelled "F**K THEIR BOATS".

Howden....come back for another game sealing INT.

Definitely is. I 100% remember the d-bag's "pump up" speech before our 2019 meeting where he yelled "F**K THEIR BOATS".

Howden....come back for another game sealing INT.
Was reading about the Army Navy game yesterday and I think I read that "burn the boats" was Navy's slogan for this year. It is a reference to a (possibly true) story about the Spanish when they came back to defeat the Aztecs. The commander didn't want a way for the troops to be able to retreat as they had before. In other words I am doubting Clifford was referencing the Gophers.

Was reading about the Army Navy game yesterday and I think I read that "burn the boats" was Navy's slogan for this year. It is a reference to a (possibly true) story about the Spanish when they came back to defeat the Aztecs. The commander didn't want a way for the troops to be able to retreat as they had before. In other words I am doubting Clifford was referencing the Gophers.

Hmmm. Guess I'd put it at 50/50. Does seem odd that he'd single out the Gophers....but that WAS a big game in 2019 considering they were sitting at #5 at the time. And the video of him prior went semi-viral. At the very least....if he wasn't throwing a shot at the Gophers...he HAD to have at least thought about how "Burn The Boats" might sound.

Top Bottom