2022 Recruiting

Interesting news here, seems like shes more of a volleyball recruit but shes one of the best basketball recruits in the country too. ESPN has her as the 32nd best prospect, played on the USA u16 team with Olivia Olson this summer. She recently reclassified from the 23 class to 22.
nebraska commit

Obviously Maggie committed elsewhere, but do we think Minnesota is still looking to add to this class? I honestly think there will be 1-3 transfers after the season.

Given the strength of this class, there undoubtedly will be some transfers. And it is also possible we might pick up another grad transfer. There will be some that just want to play and don't see it happening here.

Obviously Maggie committed elsewhere, but do we think Minnesota is still looking to add to this class? I honestly think there will be 1-3 transfers after the season.
Id be surprised if we dont have at least 1 transfer out every year and Id expect us to bring at least 1 transfer in every year and i think you can say the same thing about every college program regardless of sport in the country. Its just the way its gonna be imo.

Id be surprised if we dont have at least 1 transfer out every year and Id expect us to bring at least 1 transfer in every year and i think you can say the same thing about every college program regardless of sport in the country. Its just the way its gonna be imo.
Right. I wasn’t trying to say anything bad about it. Kids want to play. I guess I was more wondering if anyone knows of any more recruits Minnesota is looking at? Or if they will wait and get transfers. I would love to see a home grown JUCO kid. (Because basically I’d be content with a full Minnesota kid roster 🤦🏽‍♀️) I don’t know enough about junior college to know though. I think I’m just already too excited for next season. Ha

I think the last time that a Division I school won the women's national basketball championship with almost all home grown players was Texas Tech in 1993. I was fortunate to watch Tech play a lot and I remember thinking during the tournament that all the other schools had players from across the country and I wondered if Tech could compete with them. If you look at the rosters of the top teams today, there are few home grown players: South Carolina, 2; Connecticut, 0; North Carolina State, 5; Stanford, 5; and Baylor, 4. And, most of the home grown players are not the starters. Minnesota has 6 home grown players. Geno's Super Stars at Connecticut were from out of state: Maya Moore, Napheesa Collier, Sue Bird, and Diana Taurasi. I think it would be difficult to win the Big Ten without good out of state talent. Women's Division I basketball is a national sport and even many international players are now being recruited. If Minnesota wants to be competitive nationally, it needs to recruit the best players regardless of where they are from.

I think the last time that a Division I school won the women's national basketball championship with almost all home grown players was Texas Tech in 1993. I was fortunate to watch Tech play a lot and I remember thinking during the tournament that all the other schools had players from across the country and I wondered if Tech could compete with them. If you look at the rosters of the top teams today, there are few home grown players: South Carolina, 2; Connecticut, 0; North Carolina State, 5; Stanford, 5; and Baylor, 4. And, most of the home grown players are not the starters. Minnesota has 6 home grown players. Geno's Super Stars at Connecticut were from out of state: Maya Moore, Napheesa Collier, Sue Bird, and Diana Taurasi. I think it would be difficult to win the Big Ten without good out of state talent. Women's Division I basketball is a national sport and even many international players are now being recruited. If Minnesota wants to be competitive nationally, it needs to recruit the best players regardless of where they are from

I totally understand this an agreement with it actually. However right now I believe with the top Minnesota talent in the league, Minnesota would contend. It helps when maybe the best college player right now is from Minnesota.

Top Bottom