2022 Recruiting

Not sure what position she plays, but is anybody else impressed with the play of Emily La Chapell of the Wisconsin Flight?
Saw her play last week, shes really good. Also got a Gopher offer yesterday.

Not sure what position she plays, but is anybody else impressed with the play of Emily La Chapell of the Wisconsin Flight?

She is a wing/SF with guard like handles. Gophers did recently offer her. Her other known offers are Illinois, Milwaukee, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette, Wisconsin. Her AAU team does a good job of sharing the kid's offers they get. She likely will get more and more as teams watch her play on the live stream.

She is a wing/SF with guard like handles. Gophers did recently offer her. Her other known offers are Illinois, Milwaukee, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette, Wisconsin. Her AAU team does a good job of sharing the kid's offers they get. She likely will get more and more as teams watch her play on the live stream.
The Fieldhouse arena in Ames, is a great venue to watch basketball.

Other offers include Maryland, UCLA, Gonzaga, Florida State, LSU, USC, Mississippi State, Arizona State

Lilly Stoddard is a multi-sport star:

Class of 2022 Lilly Stoddard, who is ranked the 73rd best player in her class according to Prep Girls Hoops, is not only a great basketball player but a great volleyball player as well.

"She is being recruited by about four big-time schools for both volleyball and basketball. Colorado offered her (for volleyball) on the spot," said Lilly's mother Chris Roye, who played basketball at Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer, Indiana, helping them to a 28-2 record and No. 3 national ranking. "And Pitt talked to her about playing both sports. (Indiana) has been looking at her for volleyball since last year. Minnesota, Wisconsin are looking at her. I think she has talked to about 10 big-time programs for volleyball as well. We have a successful tradition with our high school volleyball team."

For basketball, she also has options from several big-time programs.

"I have (basketball) offers from Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, Ball State, Butler, (Arizona State) and Pitt," said Lilly, who is 6-foot-4. "(Indiana), Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina and Western Michigan are a few that I have interest from."

Lilly gives credit to volleyball for helping her become a better basketball player.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/basketball/6584078-Meisters-game-offers-keep-growing

“She’s tall, she’s smooth, she’s strong, she’s quick and she can really shoot. Lilly checks so many boxes that powerhouse programs Oregon and Louisville are both hot after her. Oregon finished ranked No. 2 in the country this past season and Louisville No. 6. Minnesota has already offered her a scholarship, as has Nebraska, Wisconsin, South Dakota State and Eastern Illinois.”

Oregon and Louisville?! Good luck Gophers :eek:

She's apparently 5'10' and looks like a high-scoring wing that can both drive into the paint and rebound (i.e., skill set similar to Pitts). She has an offer from Green Bay. Probably can play the 2, 3 and (in a pinch) 4.

See http://nextlevelsportsrecruiting.net/emily-lachapell.html

* 1st team all-conference as a freshmen - had consideration for player of the year
* 17ppg overall / 16.6 ppg FVA ranked #1
* 9 rbpg overall / 9.2 rbpg FVA ranked #2
* 4.5 apg overall / 4.3 asg FVA / ranked #1
* 50% FG shooter * All Defensive Team selection

More on Hake:

Her final decision came down to Nebraska and Grand Canyon. Kansas State and Minnesota also showed interest, but Hake didn’t need to wait to see what other scholarship offers she may get after the club tournaments conclude later this summer.

Nebraska had been recruiting her for about one year already, and she’s made two visits to Lincoln, attending both a Nebraska football game and a women’s basketball game

Fremont junior Taylor McCabe decided the time was right.

The 5-foot-9 shooting guard announced her commitment to Iowa on Monday. She notified the Hawkeye coaches of her decision last week.

“The coaching staff is phenomenal and I want to go somewhere I can win," McCabe said. "The head coach is Lisa Bluder and is going to be a future Hall of Famer for sure. They have two young guard coaches that are really good and I get along with (them) really well."
[...]

She also held scholarship offers from Wisconsin, Kansas State, South Dakota State, UNO, Colgate, UMKC, Drake, Colorado State and Minnesota.

The focus of the article is more on the move of football and volleyball to the spring, but Mallory Heyer mentions she is using the time off to visit college campuses.

"People ask me all the time if I have any favorites yet. The list is pretty long still. I really want to get out of the Midwest and check out places I've never visited. Really find the best place for me," Heyer said.

I don't think this offer has been noted yet:
Ayanna Patterson
6-3 W
Fort Wayne, IN
#3 in ESPN class of 2022

With contact now being made to 2022s directly, this may be missing some but here is the updated known 2022 list with Gopher Offers

Offered/In-state:

Maya Nnaji
-Hopkins-6’4 Forward ESPN Ranked #8

Mallory Heyer-Chaska-6’2 Forward

Amaya Battle-Hopkins-Hopkins-5’11 Guard

Mara Braun-Wayzata-5’9 Guard

Nia Holloway-Eden Prairie-6’1 Forward

Lilly Meister-Rochester John Marshall-6’2 Forward

Out of State Offers:

Ayanna Patterson,
6’3 W, Fort Wayne HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #3

KK Branford, 5’10 G, Mount Notre Dame HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #9

Aaliyah Smith, 5’5 PG, Verona HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #10

Grace VanSlooten, 6’3 F, Mount Notre Dame HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #14

Acacia Hayes, 5’7 PG, Riverdale HS (TN) ESPN Ranked #45

Alyssa Crockett, 6’2 W, Westfield HS (IN)

Brianna McDaniel, 5’10 G, Kenwood Academy (IL)

Emily LaChapell, 5’11 W, Appleton East (WI)

Lilly Stoddard, 6’4 F, Crown Point HS (IN)

Brooklyn Meyer, 6’3 P, West Lyon (IA)

Im guessing they will likely only take one guard and will look to take 1-2 wing/post players in this class. This class will be Freshman and get one year of playing with Scalia, Powell, Sissoko, and Sconiers.

Raoul updates Maya Nnaji's recent offers which include September offers from: Kentucky, NC State, Rutgers and Washington.

Raoul updates Alyssa Crockett's offers-eight B1G teams thus far.

Maya Nnaji-Hopkins-6’4 Forward ESPN Ranked #8 will be announcing her top 13 schools tomorrow on Instagram and Twitter.

Has over 30+ offers and will be interesting if Gophers are on that list of 13.

Her brother shunned the gophers, not surprising MN not in this list...

We can only hope that the Gopher drought @ Hopkins ends soon.

ESPN HoopGurlz updated their 2022 Top 60

Here are the updated rankings for players with a known Gopher Offer:

Ayanna Patterson, 6’3 W, Fort Wayne HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #3

Londynn Jones, 5’6 PG, Santiago HS (CA) ESPN Ranked #15

Grace VanSlooten, 6’3 F, Mount Notre Dame HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #16

Brianna McDaniel, 5’10 G, Kenwood Academy (IL) ESPN Ranked #30

Alyssa Crockett, 6’2 W, Westfield HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #36

Lilly Stoddard, 6’4 F, Crown Point HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #58

Only Minnesota Player in the top 60 is Maya Nnaji at #7.

I would expect MN players like Braun, Battle, Meister, and Heyer to be in the discussion once the list expands to top 100

Mallory Heyer commits:

University of Minnesota women’s basketball coach Lindsay Whalen got a big in-state recruit Wednesday night. But fans will have to wait a couple years to see her in a Gophers uniform.

Chaska power forward Mallory Heyer announced on social media Wednesday her intention to play for Whalen. Heyer, along with Maya Nnaji (Hopkins) and Mara Braun (Wayzata) is considered a top-three in-state recruit in the 2022 class.

A physical, aggressive player, Heyer was named second-team all-Metro by the Star Tribune after her sophomore season, when she averaged 20 points a game. She has already topped 1,000 points in her career. Heyer is also a standout player for the Minnesota Fury AAU program.

Top Bottom