2022 Best Mexican Restaurant In Every College Town (Minnesota: Burrito Loco)

Iowa: Pancheros
Notre Dame: Chipotle

There are a lot of great Mexican restaurants in both Minneapolis/St Paul. I wish I lived a little closer to WSP.

I clicked on the clickbait discussing clickbait.....doh!!!

On Buckyville the Nazi mod, LV forbids any posting from the source noted above.

Sure they can. People can also post such links in any existing thread. So, forbidding all such posts, I don't agree with.

But starting new threads for each new BGB trash tweet? :cautious:

You're essentially going to kill your message board if you are going to close off outside sources.

On a note related to the topic, the restaurant lists he said are more for fun and not serious and that much of the feedback is from people who message him with the restaurant recommendations.

There are a lot of great Mexican restaurants in both Minneapolis/St Paul. I wish I lived a little closer to WSP.
There are 3-4 that are top notch in WStP and you really can't miss with any there.

Love burrito Mercado in west side of St. Paul. In Minneapolis I liked tacos los Ocampo on lake.
If you like Ocampo on Lake you should check out Las Cuatro Milpas down the street. Delicious tacos and aguas frescas. I can tell you that it certainly puts burrito loco to shame.

If you like Ocampo on Lake you should check out Las Cuatro Milpas down the street. Delicious tacos and aguas frescas. I can tell you that it certainly puts burrito loco to shame.
Keep going east on Lake Street to Sonora Grill... Truly authentic food from Sonora. A little different than most of the Mexican food around here because it's so heavily dominated by Southern Mexican styles.

I will also agree with RoseGoldy about El Burrito Mercado. Love the birria there.

Keep going east on Lake Street to Sonora Grill... Truly authentic food from Sonora. A little different than most of the Mexican food around here because it's so heavily dominated by Southern Mexican styles.

I will also agree with RoseGoldy about El Burrito Mercado. Love the birria there.
I do enjoy a good carne asada

Sonora is great. There is a place down by Menards in Richfield that is a good fast-casual type place

Until you go to Mexico and experience the numerous off the path MaPa places to eat, the upper midwest Mexican cuisine pretty much sucks. Freshness, history and atmosphere matters. Fish, shrimp, pollo, vegs, fruit, spices, fresh guac, fresh home made tortillas, etc. grown in the Mexican soil and snagged that day are difficult to duplicate.

The best Mexican we have indulged in stateside is Santa Leyanda in tiny Washburn, WI. Living in Bayfield, WI. we have not dined at any of the pre-mentioned in the TC's. In fairness, maybe I would change my opinion.

Until you go to Mexico and experience the numerous off the path MaPa places to eat, the upper midwest Mexican cuisine pretty much sucks. Freshness, history and atmosphere matters. Fish, shrimp, pollo, vegs, fruit, spices, fresh guac, fresh home made tortillas, etc. grown in the Mexican soil and snagged that day are difficult to duplicate.

The best Mexican we have indulged in stateside is Santa Leyanda in tiny Washburn, WI. Living in Bayfield, WI. we have not dined at any of the pre-mentioned in the TC's. In fairness, maybe I would change my opinion.
Agree about the real food in Mexico (not in the resorts or resort towns). Been probably a dozen times to non-tourist parts. I won't say the name again (at the risk of sounding like a commercial) but the place I mentioned above is as close as you will come in Minnesota to the real thing.

Top Bottom