2022-23 Gopher Hockey Season

St Cloud is much better at hockey than PSU. And you know they'd play to their potential against the Gophers. Problem is tonight looks like they want to guarantee another NCHC team to the tourney.
It's not just a tonight thing. St. Cloud has been bad for almost 2 months now. Currently they are no better than PSU, and they are decimal points ahead in the pairwise. I'll gladly get put in a region with them.

UND goes down! Gophers lock up the #1 and a trip to Fargo. A beat down of the ugly helmets would be a cherry on top of what is already a fantastic weekend.

Ya... SCSU is better than PSU lol
Why "lol"? Based on what I saw last night, SCSU is not a bunch of world beaters. A threat in the regions? Of course. Head and shoulders better than PSU? No. Pairwise would agree with that assessment too. I guess it is kind of a pointless argument though. I am really excited, but cautious, about our post season chances. Wish I could at the game tonight.

Everything I'm hearing, and bonin or others who know better correct me if I'm wrong, is we are headed to Fargo with SCSU and OSU as the 2/3, and facing the AHA winner. Yes SCSU and OSU have both beaten us this year and anything can happen in a one and done, but I really like our chances here. SCSU probably the biggest threat here but they are just not the same since Ahorn went down.

Why "lol"? Based on what I saw last night, SCSU is not a bunch of world beaters. A threat in the regions? Of course. Head and shoulders better than PSU? No. Pairwise would agree with that assessment too. I guess it is kind of a pointless argument though. I am really excited, but cautious, about our post season chances. Wish I could at the game tonight.
PSU is not good. Cloud vs. OSU will be a hell of a match up. Two of the fastest teams I've seen all year.

Everything I'm hearing, and bonin or others who know better correct me if I'm wrong, is we are headed to Fargo with SCSU and OSU as the 2/3, and facing the AHA winner. Yes SCSU and OSU have both beaten us this year and anything can happen in a one and done, but I really like our chances here. SCSU probably the biggest threat here but they are just not the same since Ahorn went down.
Like 90% that will be the region. Both OSU and SCSU would be hard games, but second round games anywhere else would probably be just as tough. OSU could easily get by SCSU.

If SCSU wins and Harvard loses, will SCSU move to 6 overall? If so, sending them and OSU (9) into MN's bracket is a bit more questionable.

Can't check because the YATC tool isn't working for me right now.

If SCSU wins and Harvard loses, will SCSU move to 6 overall? If so, sending them and OSU (9) into MN's bracket is a bit more questionable.

Can't check because the YATC tool isn't working for me right now.
This happened. Hmm...

I think they're gonna do it. Congrats on your 1 seed Gophers, here's the 6 seed.

Well, today's the day to see how they f the Gophers.

If this happens, you're welcome, Michigan.

And now a potential match-up with Michigan would be in the final. Just very little confidence with that having not beaten them full strength 5 on 5 this year.

Well, today's the day to see how they f the Gophers.

If this happens, you're welcome, Michigan.

And now a potential match-up with Michigan would be in the final. Just very little confidence with that having not beaten them full strength 5 on 5 this year.
And they’ve beaten us a whole one time in that scenario this year…

As expected and also a compete joke. #1 overall seed would have to play the #6 overall seed. While Michigan gets #8 or #10. The disrespect for hockey teams east of Boston is truly something, unless of course you are Michigan.

Plus the gophers get the fantastic opportunity to play at 8pm and then have to turn around and play 5:30pm. There opponent plays at 4pm.

Fuck you NCAA. The gophers would have been better off as the 3 seed.

Let's take our niche sport and make it even less legitimate.

Well at least the gophers are going to exercise some demons if they make it out of the bracket of death.

So rather than move Harvard out of Bridgeport they move St Cloud. Might help that Harvard had a person on the selection committee.

This team won the hardest conference in college hockey by 19 points, and has played 3 dominant NCAA tournament games thus far. Raise the trophy on Saturday night and this team has a legitimate argument for best team in Gopher history. Regardless of what happens Saturday night, what a fun team and fun season. Mariucci is back to being the best spot in town. I am ready to shed tears if we win the whole thing.

They came out - BLAM! -- strong to start the Frozen Four. That's exactly what they needed to do. They will roll any team when they play like that.

Top Bottom