2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Sure. Played a big role for his last school (Wofford) too. Wish we could have recruited him here last spring but he obviously wanted to stay in that region.

I was being sincere. I had no idea he was at Charleston.

Just turned on the TV and the highlights of the OSU vs dinks on the BIG Network after the shitscosin loss had their record at 17-114 at the final score graphic. Yes, 114. Just made me feel comfortable.

Last edited:

I learned long ago to never mock Wisconsin before the game is actually over, especially when they are playing a crummy team like Ohio State. This was a predictable closer finish. I mean, Ohio State couldn't even beat the Gophers! :D

Fantastic to see the Badgers lose because they dug such a giant hole for themselves. But I'm fully prepared to see their name in the play-in game. :cautious: (Maybe the barfing emoji would be better....)

Probably because it is the safer move. I wonder if Few left would he become another Dan Monson?

Probably because it is the safer move. I wonder if Few left would he become another Dan Monson?
I think mid-major doesn't really carry a lot of weight/meaning any more and hasn't for a while. Once Gonzaga got it rolling and established their brand, there wasn't really a lot of reason for Few to leave and I can't recall him ever really being viewed as close to leaving (even when his name surfaced at UCLA). And now Saint Mary's is trending that direction. There are coaches every year who become the next hot name, who maybe are thought of as leading mid-major programs, like Pasternack at UCSB, Bob Richey/Furman, and Pat Kelsey who's been mentioned plenty here. But I think most no longer view a few programs like Gonzaga as mid-major programs at all. Even a Creighton or a San Diego State. A move from Cleveland State to Missouri, okay. . .but some others are not as clear cut.

I learned long ago to never mock Wisconsin before the game is actually over, especially when they are playing a crummy team like Ohio State. This was a predictable closer finish. I mean, Ohio State couldn't even beat the Gophers! :D

Fantastic to see the Badgers lose because they dug such a giant hole for themselves. But I'm fully prepared to see their name in the play-in game. :cautious: (Maybe the barfing emoji would be better....)
To see a team lose on Weakling Wednesday and then pop up in the NCAA tournament would literally make me sick. It would be a joke, a travestry. Please, no. I don't care who it is. I wouldn't want to see the Gophers rewarded in their situation.

On the subject of the Badgers, I feel like there's a nonzero chance they'll dump Gard. This season has to have their administration embarrassed and fuming in Madison.

On the subject of the Badgers, I feel like there's a nonzero chance they'll dump Gard. This season has to have their administration embarrassed and fuming in Madison.
They have been in steady decline for three or four years. I doubt that they can him but it’s not out of the question.

NAU is actually giving Montana State a game. NAU would have the worst winning percentage of any team to make the NCAA Tournament at around 35%. Current worst is like 37%.

They were Big Ten champions last year. And, in 2020.

That's 2 Big Ten titles in that three or four year steady decline. Not bad.
I wouldn’t say no to a regular season championship, but they are declining in the eye test and unbalanced schedules are devaluing the regular season championship. Not sure what the analytics say, but they don’t have the bigs who can play on the perimeter or the consistent shooters the program relied on in its heights.

I wouldn’t say no to a regular season championship, but they are declining in the eye test and unbalanced schedules are devaluing the regular season championship. Not sure what the analytics say, but they don’t have the bigs who can play on the perimeter or the consistent shooters the program relied on in its heights.

It will be interesting, I have no idea how they are doing recruiting, I don't follow them closely.

But, they lost a lottery pick from last year's Big Ten title team and faded in the post season, so some decline was likely. Not sure what they have coming in the pipeline.

That said, you are correct. They are devoid of any top end talent right now and they fought injuries like many teams. They are a very, very average outfit, which played on Weakling Wednesday for the first time in program history. Their wins this year were mostly due to culture and reputation.

Michigan loses its tournament opener to Rutgers (62-50) to finish 17-15. Michigan, in addition to Wisconsin, shouldn't make the NCAA tournament. Otherwise the committee is just declaring that certain teams will get an invite whether they have a good or mediocre year.

Last edited:

Michigan loses its tournament opener to Rutgers (62-50) to finish 17-15. Michigan, in addition to Wisconsin, shouldn't make the NCAA tournament either. Otherwise the committee is just declaring that certain teams will get an invite whether they have a good or mediocre year.
I think Michigan has a case; Wisconsin, NFW.

Can you imagine the rifraff that would get invited if the tourney were expanded like some of the greedy evildoers want to?

Shouldn't Illinois be a better team with all of this talent? Or is that just me?

Top Bottom