2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

PSU with a buzzer beating layup. Great game.

Campbell's cinderella run is fizzling out by the second. Blew a 14 point lead with 7 minutes. Down 2 with ball, 25 seconds left.

Kelly Pfiefer does it to Frannie again. Terrible charge call on his kid in last 30 seconds.

I'm kinda fired up to watch the Tommies try to slay Goliath. Twin bill tonight. Summit ball is good ball.
Both quarterfinals were good last night. Tommies were down 50-40, couldn’t buy a bucket, then finished with a 27-10 run. Tommies showed a lot of poise, moxie. Rohde, Bjorklund, and Blue did most of the heavy lifting. Western Illinois didn’t let Miller get any looks whatsoever (0 for 2). Scoreless. They’ll need something from Miller tonight.

Interesting side note. I’m at the tournament and had several nice chats with SDSU fans. Very matter of factly, they’re convinced St. Thomas won’t be long for the Summit League. They mentioned the Big East (without me bringing it up). They’re convinced St. Thomas will be out of the league in 5 or 6 years. That surprised me because I assumed that line of thinking was only held in the Twin Cities market.

Last edited:

Interesting side note. I’m at the tournament and had several nice chats with SDSU fans. Very matter of factly, they’re convinced St. Thomas won’t be long for the Summit League. They mentioned the Big East (without me bringing it up). They’re convinced St. Thomas will be out of the league in 5 or 6 years. That surprised me because I assumed that line of thinking was only held in the Twin Cities market.

Big step up but they'd be the right fit if they can get there. I suppose if they do get to that level there will be significant in-state competition for recruits.

Not quite enough against a really good and well-balanced Oral Roberts team. A win was in reach, but they would have had to play a more perfect game. Some good young talent on the team; we'll see how much of it they can keep.

BYU was down 26 to St Mary’s in the 2nd half, now down just 7.

Pat Kelsey is going to be a P6 coach very quickly. Really like the way they play.

Top Bottom