2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

New Mexico wins late against a bad Wyoming team. Would never want a New Year’s Eve Day road game.
Games that come soon after the xmas break are tough, whether you are home or on the road.

KU was down by 15 at the half at home. Out scored by 17 points off turnovers in that half. Then the second half came and the game flipped.

Games that come soon after the xmas break are tough, whether you are home or on the road.

KU was down by 15 at the half at home. Out scored by 17 points off turnovers in that half. Then the second half came and the game flipped.
For sure. Always a weird time of year for anyone. Feel like road adds a component though.

Michigan is up 16-0 on Maryland five minutes into their game.

That was one heck of a game... the kind you wish could just keep going
Agree although I think Rutgers luck was about to run out. Anybody else think by some miraculous play that Purdue might score on the last possession of the game?

With Purdue's loss, is New Mexico the only unbeaten team in D1?

Kansas state beat Texas 116-103 in regulation...

Fresno wins.
The Cinderella season is over for New Mexico.

New Mexico and Fresno on CBSSN
I hung in there until half anticipating a snow day today. Woke up groggily from the recliner hearing muffled noises and blurry images that a below average Fresno team ended their streak. He’s got a good team for that conference but it will be interesting to see how they respond. It’s a guard game and he has two really good guards.

Jerome Tang will take them places Weber could not. Jerome Tang is the type of hire Coyle should have made. An assistant who mentor under someone that mattered.
Maybe but assistants are not sure fire. Take a look at the Izzo and Coach K trees. A lot of guys given good opportunities without a lot of success. Given that, it would have been a much less risky roll of the dice than a resume with a lot of lateral moves.

Maybe but assistants are not sure fire. Take a look at the Izzo and Coach K trees. A lot of guys given good opportunities without a lot of success. Given that, it would have been a much less risky roll of the dice than a resume with a lot of lateral moves.
Maybe so, but I would have preferred hiring an assistant who mentored under someone with substance. None of which Johnson did. Tang had been with Drew for roughly 20 years I believe.

Top Bottom