2021 teams that faced loaded box

We should figure out the won-lost records for those teams in 2021. Just off the top of my head, seems like some of those teams won more than a few games. Apparently, being a run-first team isn't necessarily a guarantee of failure.

We should figure out the won-lost records for those teams in 2021. Just off the top of my head, seems like some of those teams won more than a few games. Apparently, being a run-first team isn't necessarily a guarantee of failure.

I think the key is being creative within the concept of the offense. The QB has to be able to read defenses and call audibles. the OL has to be able to pick up defensive stunts and twists.

if the defense is stacked in the "B" gap, and the play call is to run in the B Gap, and you don't change the play, it's probably not going to work so well. If the QB can audible to an outside zone or a trap, then you can pop a run for a nice gain.

be a creative running team, not a predictable running team.

Five of the teams won eight games or more. IASt and ORSt were 7-6!

4 of the 7 teams in the west were on this top 10 in the nation list

If you are more physical and just a better team than your opponent you can say stop me and just ram it down their throats to see if they can stop you. If that's not the case I think more diversity is going to be needed. Like anything you have to evaluate the current situation, obviously the Gophers staff felt their offensive line was better than most of the opposing defensive fronts against the run.

If you are more physical and just a better team than your opponent you can say stop me and just ram it down their throats to see if they can stop you. If that's not the case I think more diversity is going to be needed. Like anything you have to evaluate the current situation, obviously the Gophers staff felt their offensive line was better than most of the opposing defensive fronts against the run.
More obviously, PJ doesn't care. Time of possession is the strategy...we are running and you can't stop us is the mentality. We'll see if Kirk goes over the top with more frequency? A QB who could process quickly and run fast would be a nice weapon to utilize when the opportunity presented itself....we did this with success a few times.

I thought we would see the service academies listed. I would also like to see the list as a percentage of first downs. Of course 1st and one on the goal line would skew stuff. I am not here, you never saw me.

I fondly remember a Mason team's game against Indiana in like 2005 or so where they way oversold the run defense, and we beat them like 62-21 or something like that with maybe four long touchdown passes.....

Gonna go out on a limb that when this list is published next year that Colorado will be on it.

QUOTE:
"I thought we would see the service academies listed."

Yes, good point; they all run the ball a lot, I think.

2021 Service Academies won-lost records:

Navy — 4-8

Army — 9-4

Air Force — 10-3

Top Bottom