Defence #9 passing YDS
Defence rushing ATT #1
Defence rushing TD #15
Offense #8 rushing attempts
Offense #19 receiving AVG
Offense # 22 Rushing First Downs
Offense Rushing #27

Defense was huge this year lots of leaderboard stats

Rossi will be a hot commodity. Especially if he replicates or comes close to this again next year.

Despite defensive improvement over the latter part of the short 2020 season, few if any Gopher fans expected the kind of defensive season like this especially since the team didn't begin the season as a defensive juggernaut in giving up 45 to Ohio State and 26 to Miami Ohio. I guess in retrospect the 45 scored by OSU doesn't look so bad since they scored more than that against 7 teams.

I've only been a focused Gopher football fan since the 2013 season but this is clearly the strongest defensive team during that period and that's saying something since we've had a number of strong defenses during that time span. With Rossi, I expect this team to stay strong defensively in the future but it will be very tough to top this season. If we can get a better offense with a slightly worse defense next season, I'll gladly take it.

I will be excited to see the new faces who step up into starting positions. I think the talent is there, so it is a matter of how they have developed, and how quickly they can learn in game situations. Thinking a defense similar to 2019 performance wise, but a little better scoring defense, as I don't think this offense will match 2019.

I will be excited to see the new faces who step up into starting positions. I think the talent is there, so it is a matter of how they have developed, and how quickly they can learn in game situations. Thinking a defense similar to 2019 performance wise, but a little better scoring defense, as I don't think this offense will match 2019.
Hopefully the offense can get more leaderboard stats this season!

Top Bottom