Stan

Reaction score
Nebraska at Illinois
UConn at Fresno
Hawaii at UCLA
UTEP at New Mexico State
Southern Utah at San Jose State

Lame that the UTEP game is the only one in Primetime

Neb @ Illinois is obviously the game to care about. Tough to root for either, with Ill taking on Bertie. But I will bite that bullet and root for the Neb loss.

ESPN seems to think most people will care most about Hawaii @ UCLA. I do not. Nor any of the other matchups.

I normally wouldn't have a preference between Illinois and Nebraska, but the Husker fan meltdowns are so entertaining.

It's probably good if tough guy, Coach Frost, wins just enough games to keep his job. However, I think he might be gone no matter what with these violations the University is attempting to pin on him.

I'm actually excited to watch the Nebraska-Illinois game for a few reasons.

1. Big Ten Football with fans in the stands. Illinois will be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their Big Ten Championship. Stadium should be packed making it a true road game for Nebraska.

2. This is must win for Nebraska. Their schedule is tough this year. With their eventful offseason and Frost being Frost, Nebraska has a ton of pressure on them to start the season off on the right foot. If they lose this game (which every Nebraska media person has them winning, of course), I can't wait to see the reaction in Lincoln.

3. I think this game will be close. Nebraska is a mess on offense but their defense is solid. Illinois' offensive line should be in the top half of the conference and their RB room is deep. Playmakers at WR but little experience. The line is only -7 Nebraska.

4. Illinois has nothing to lose and Nebraska is in the opposite situation. Curious to see how that plays out on the field.

obviously I dislike Nebraska but…do we want Frost to get fired?
Yes. Although he isn’t doing well, he has shown to be competent at other stops. He also is Nebraska’s golden child.

If he fails, they will turn into the 1980s 1990s gophers.

20 years from a national title. 10 years since real contention in their conference. If he gets fired. They go the way of Minnesota and Pittsburg.

I normally wouldn't have a preference between Illinois and Nebraska, but the Husker fan meltdowns are so entertaining.

It's probably good if tough guy, Coach Frost, wins just enough games to keep his job. However, I think he might be gone no matter what with these violations the University is attempting to pin on him.
I think 7+ wins in the regular season saves his job.

Yes. Although he isn’t doing well, he has shown to be competent at other stops. He also is Nebraska’s golden child.

If he fails, they will turn into the 1980s 1990s gophers.

20 years from a national title. 10 years since real contention in their conference. If he gets fired. They go the way of Minnesota and Pittsburg.
Lincoln is even more geographically isolated from population than Minnesota!

On one hand, I suppose it's sad that Delaney's big bet has gone (and will further go) completely bust.

But for a nothing school, in a nothing state, in the literal middle of nowhere ... they've had plenty of glory days. More than they probably deserve, considering the "tactics" that they used to get them, back then.

They deserve a nice, long hibernation from championship contention.

Neb @ Illinois is obviously the game to care about. Tough to root for either, with Ill taking on Bertie. But I will bite that bullet and root for the Neb loss.

ESPN seems to think most people will care most about Hawaii @ UCLA. I do not. Nor any of the other matchups.
I hope it's a calamity of missteps and errors for both as each try mightily to give way the win.

I'm actually excited to watch the Nebraska-Illinois game for a few reasons.

1. Big Ten Football with fans in the stands. Illinois will be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their Big Ten Championship. Stadium should be packed making it a true road game for Nebraska.

2. This is must win for Nebraska. Their schedule is tough this year. With their eventful offseason and Frost being Frost, Nebraska has a ton of pressure on them to start the season off on the right foot. If they lose this game (which every Nebraska media person has them winning, of course), I can't wait to see the reaction in Lincoln.

3. I think this game will be close. Nebraska is a mess on offense but their defense is solid. Illinois' offensive line should be in the top half of the conference and their RB room is deep. Playmakers at WR but little experience. The line is only -7 Nebraska.

4. Illinois has nothing to lose and Nebraska is in the opposite situation. Curious to see how that plays out on the field.
I like your thinking, but Illinois had some Transfers this year that will make winning against any B1G team difficult. I think that even Frost could pull this off.

I like your thinking, but Illinois had some Transfers this year that will make winning against any B1G team difficult. I think that even Frost could pull this off.
I hope Bertie smashes them up the middle. Wisconsin style, power plays. Even if they lose the game, make Neb suffer on the field.

real life football games with real life fans in the stadium!

I’m now in full-fledged Gopher football superstition mode—good karma for Minnesota means wishing all teams well (even in the battle of entitled child vs. boorish Brett)…

Lol @ Nebraska

I do think the safety will be overturned

Nebraska at Illinois
UConn at Fresno
Hawaii at UCLA
UTEP at New Mexico State
Southern Utah at San Jose State
Aren't all week 0 games "Other Games"? Could just call the thread "Week 0 Games Thread".

Have to complain about something, I guess. So happy football is back!!!!

Top Bottom