2021 Recruiting

On the Recruiting Thread, Whalenfan posted a tweet indicating Micheaux's commitment to the Gophers.

Alanna Micheaux, Wayne Memorial, Jr.
One of the most productive scorers in the state, she is a hot topic on the recruiting trail. The dominating, 6-foot-2 junior put up monstrous numbers with 26.4 points and 13.5 rebounds per game while leading her team to a 19-5 record and a district title. She has collected more than 40 college offers, including Big Ten interest.

Welcome news. Glad to add some size to the class.

Looks like Maggie’s has a good start to her season.

I like Micheaux size... I do like she is she is a back to basket kid, not looking to hang out at the 3 line. Keeping it real, she is going to need to work on her post defense/agility to contribute as a freshman. I didn't like in this clip her girl scoring on her so easy. The sequence starting at 1:07 where she dosen't block out, just standing watching, and then her girl gets the rebound and scores on her rather easily will need to be cleaned up at the next level.. Again, what style of play does the U want should dictate the player they go after, thats what I admire about some of these midwestern mid-majors - Drake, SDSU, WiGB.. they are not going to get the 4* and 5* kid, but they get system kids and build them up.

Gem in the Gym: Good STrib article on LSU signee Tamia Ugass:

Steve and Lori Prioleau didn’t think they had room.

The husband and wife team, who had long run Sugah — a basketball program for inner city girls based at St. Paul’s Martin Luther King Center — had a thriving program about six years ago and their roster for seventh-graders was already filled with girls looking to play.

“Then I saw her come into the gym,” Steve Prioleau recalled, harking back to the first time he saw Tamia Ugass, already topping 6 feet. “I saw her height. I said, ‘Um, I think we can find room.’ ”

“You can’t coach height,” Lori Prioleau added. “And she had that.”

Now a robust 6-3 senior at Roseville, Ugass, with he physical presence of a post with the dexterity of a point guard , is in the midst of a journey that once seemed impossible.

She’s averaging 20.4 points and 12 rebounds per game this season with Roseville (2-3 heading into Tuesday night's game), an increase of nearly six points over last year. After graduation — itself a significant achievement — she will head to the bayou with a basketball scholarship to LSU.

Ugass won't be playing for Kim Mulkey. Will be going to Kansas City now.

Ugass won't be playing for Kim Mulkey. Will be going to Kansas City now.

LSU offering her was one of the more surprising offers for an in state kid in along time imo. UMKC is probably the the type of program she should be at.

Top Bottom