2021 Recruiting

Anyone know if Coach Whalen or staff was at this game?

Unknown about that game, but I can confirm Coach O’Banion was at game last vs St.Louis Park and Chaska.

Recruits playing
-Kendall Coley 2021
-Mallory Heyer 2022
-Kennedy Sanders 2023

Michigan also had an assistant at the game.

Raoul sez: Kendall Coley picked up an offer from Michigan.

Last edited:

I should note that Striplin committed to the Lady Vols. She was offered by Minnesota in November.

Here is the updated known offers for class of 2021. 4 available scholarships with Hubbard the only senior on 20-21 team.

Offered/In-state:

Sophie Hart
-Farmington-6’5 Center ESPN Ranked #43

Kendall Coley-St.Louis Park-6’2 Guard/Forward

Adalia McKenzie-Park Center- 5’10 Guard/Forward

Ellie Dague-Henning-5’9 Guard

Giana Kneepkens- Duluth Marshall-5’11 Guard

*Possible but no confirmation Whalen has been to watch Maggie Czinano- Watertown-Mayer-5’11 Guard. (sister of Monica Czinano at Iowa)

Out of State Offers:

Jersey Wolfenbarger,
6’1 PG, Northside HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #19

Ariana Wiggins, 5’8 G, Heritage Christian (IN) ESPN Ranked #29

Meg Newman, 6’2 W, North Central (IN) ESPN Ranked #46

One other out of state offer I just noticed recently, but happened last year:
Aziaha James, 5'11 G from Princess Anne (VA) - same high school as Diva.

This is a nice article from last month on Ellie Dague:

STrib article on Adalia McKenzie:

Park Center guard Adalia McKenzie is arguably the best girls’ high school basketball player in Minnesota not named Paige Bueckers, certainly the most explosive.

McKenzie is listed at 5-10 but she confirms that she’s actually a bit shorter (“I’m 5-8 but I play like I’m 6-1,” she said with a laugh). Just a junior, she’s nearly always the most dangerous, dominant player on the court.

A born scorer, blessed with a lightning quick first-step and the innate ability to finish, she leads the metro averaging just over 31 points per game. She’s topped 40 points four times this season, including a 49-point effort in an 80-55 victory over Spring Lake Park in January at Target Center.

“She’s a scoring machine,” said Park Center coach Barb Metcalf. “She has an extra gear that other players don’t have and she seems to find it when we need it most.”

College choice:
Undecided. Minnesota is high on her list, but she’s also shown interest in Iowa and Marquette. “And I plan on taking college visits and seeing my options,” she said.”

Here is the updated known offers for class of 2021. 4 available scholarships with Hubbard the only senior on 20-21 team.

Offered/In-state:

Sophie Hart

*Possible but no confirmation Whalen has been to watch Maggie Czinano- Watertown-Mayer-5’11 Guard. (sister of Monica Czinano at Iowa)

Out of State Offers:

Jersey Wolfenbarger,

Czinano was offered.

Not saying that is a final list. Those are the five she mentioned alone leading me to think she is wanting to stay closer to home. Reading further into it. Minnesota and Iowa were the ones that came out right away and then others were "I have spoken to" and then mentioned Illinois, Marquette and DePaul.

She would be deemed a MUST GET in my opinion for MN class of 2021.

Katie Borowicz has been offered. PG. #3 in Minnesota per Prep Girls Hoops

Gophers got a commit! 5'11 Maggie Czinano committed to the Gophers today. Class of 2021. Long guard with a nice shot. Younger sister to Monica at Iowa. Good get for them!

Would love for Borowicz and Dauge commit too. Make it a year for out of metro kids who are really good. Take a page out of SDSU/USDs book.

Maggie’s sister currently leads the Big Ten in FG%. Do they play the same position?

I see she’s from Minnesota, so that probably helped a lot.

Maggie is a guard instead of a post like Monica. She ranges in the 5'11-6'0 range. When I saw her in person she looks to be a very long guard. great jump shot and bounce to her.

Maggie’s sister currently leads the Big Ten in FG%. Do they play the same position?

I see she’s from Minnesota, so that probably helped a lot.

Would love for Borowicz and Dauge commit too. Make it a year for out of metro kids who are really good. Take a page out of SDSU/USDs book.

Passing on Adalia McKenzie is one of the worst things the gophers could do. McKenzie is BY FAR, the best guard in the class of 2021 in the state.

I would like to add the Top 100 choices consisting of Gianna Kneepkens, Katie Borowicz, and Sophie Hart.

Barring any transfers, Hubbard will be the only Senior next year. With the Czinano commit, Gophers will have 3 remaining scholarships for class of 2021. Here is the updated known offers..

Offered/In-state:

Sophie Hart

Katie Borowicz-Roseau-5’5 Guard

Out of State Offers:

Jersey Wolfenbarger,

Aziaha James, 5'11 G, Princess Anne (VA) ESPN Ranked #30

Maggie is a guard instead of a post like Monica. She ranges in the 5'11-6'0 range. When I saw her in person she looks to be a very long guard. great jump shot and bounce to her.

It’s a little disappointing that she’s not a replica of her sister. The Gophers could use a little bit of Monika in their lives.

The Gophers are not "passing" on Adalia McKenzie. She is planning to visit other schools before making a commitment but is leaning heavily toward Minnesota.
I mean it more as a response to the "they should go after only kids out of the metro" comment. I know they are interested and I think if the Gophers can get her they would happily. IMO she is must-get level of player in the class of 2021

I hear Hopkins is a good school to find recruits.

I hear Hopkins is a good school to find recruits.

It is. Since this is class of 2021 thread, who on Hopkins is class of 2021 gophers should go after?

last I checked they have offered two class of 2022 and class of 2023 on Hopkins but wouldn’t make since to bring them up on this thread would It?

Top Bottom