2021 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

From apparently winning 3-0 to trailing in less than a period. Typical MN sports.

That final 30 minutes was something else.

For the second straight game, the Knights for some reason don't turn things on until they face adversity and fall behind. Game 2 was Dumba's goal and then they flicked the switch. Tonight they fall behind 2-0 before getting their shit together.

BTW, I didn't hear any of this until the pre-game show; Was it widely reported up in MN about the COVID tests for the Knights the other day? WTF??? 9 frickin' positive COVID tests on the team, they find out later they were all lab f'kups, crisis averted. How in the world do you have any faith at all in any COVID testing when shit like this is happening in a group full of vaccinated (at least I think most or all are?) and yet you get NINE false positive tests?

How in the world do you have any faith at all in any COVID testing when shit like this is happening in a group full of vaccinated (at least I think most or all are?) and yet you get NINE false positive tests?

Do the vaccinations themselves lead to false positives?

Refs in the bag for Vegas. The no call on the Johansson trip game 3. Then this shit. Game changers.

The crying about the refs would hold more weight if we could actually score.

We just look like a team... we just look like some guys who don't know how to score.

How do you outshoot them 32-17 and lose 3-0?

The Wild have had as many goals taken away from them in the last two games as they have scored.

(2).

The VGK definitely seem to be clicking right now, despite playing again tonight without Pacioretty and a few other key guys. One of the rookie defensemen for the Knights tonight, Nic Hague, playing for the injured McNabb, had a couple of rough plays turning it over and just not looking really strong with the puck, thought it would result in a couple Wild goals. Yikes.

The 4-minute PP for the Wild, coming up empty and barely managing much of a threat, was not good. That was a huge chance to gain some momentum.

Kinda torn on going to Game 5; I saw the Knights lose Game 1 in OT and I ain't ashamed to admit I'm a little superstitious. At the risk of looking forward, the Knights kinda need to close it out Monday night so they don't get beaten up any more physically before having to take on Colorado, who more than likely will finish off the sweep of the Blues tomorrow.

I expect Game 5 to be awfully physical on both sides, no matter how the game goes. The Wild will be angry, for sure.

Another embarrassing 2nd period. That was sooo bad. Lucky to still be up.

We will see you in St Paul. Wild forces a game 6. Not sure how we won that game.

If I'm not mistaken, the Knights have surprisingly never closed out a playoff series at home, which is just a crazy stat considering they went to the SC Final once and the Western Conf Final last year in the bubble.... and I didn't expect it to start last night. I think they actually have a couple more team playoff wins in less than 4 years than the Wild do in 20. That's no bueno, MN

Still no leading goal scorer Max Pacioretty for the Knights. The way the NHL reports injuries is just maddening, completely 100% in the dark. Max has been day-to-day for like 3 weeks now and even more impressive, a "Game Time Decision" for each of the last 3-4 games. WTF. My theory at this point is that he's well over 90% but the Knights just haven't really had a "must win" game in the Wild series so far so let's get him even closer to 100%?

Would not like the prospect of coming back to Vegas for Game 7. That would suck.

Hockey's weird.

Yeah, no doubt. Often shots on goal can be misleading, especially if they are mostly from long distance, few rebounds allowed, odd man rushes avoided and can stay out of the penalty box.

Actually, the Wild's 2nd penalty on Brodin looked like a heads up play, avoided a huge scoring chance then really killed that PP well.

The officials in this game is so bad. They clearly want Vegas to win.

We will have a game 7. Wild on it way to a win in game 6.

The hockey gods have spoken - The Vegas Blights shall never win a playoff series on their home ice. Wild keep the Blight's record in tack, we win game 7.

The real key is force the other team score, and get the goal taken off the board. All 3 times that has happened in the series, the squad with the disallowed goal folds up shop and calls it a night.

Other than being an utterly ridiculous and lazy take, anyone watching either Game 5 or Game 6 would say that this couldn't have been further from the truth.

It's the Stanley Cup playoffs and it's been a physical series. To think that it's been slanted one way or the other is a galactically stupid take. But no doubt, this has been the mantra of many Wild fans since the Knights started to take the lead in the series.

Should be a good Game 7, looks like I'm going. Still hoping for an appearance by the VGK's goal-scoring leader, Pacioretty, apparently he at least skated with the team the other day. F'ng great time for that injury to occur, no doubt. #UKNIGHTED!

Not sure about that. Suter should have received a delay of game penalty, when he flipped the puck over the LV bench.

Other than being an utterly ridiculous and lazy take, anyone watching either Game 5 or Game 6 would say that this couldn't have been further from the truth.

It's the Stanley Cup playoffs and it's been a physical series. To think that it's been slanted one way or the other is a galactically stupid take. But no doubt, this has been the mantra of many Wild fans since the Knights started to take the lead in the series.

Should be a good Game 7, looks like I'm going. Still hoping for an appearance by the VGK's goal-scoring leader, Pacioretty, apparently he at least skated with the team the other day. F'ng great time for that injury to occur, no doubt. #UKNIGHTED!
Apparently you haven’t heard of the secret society of sports officials, RAM (Referees Against Minnesota), organized in December 1975.

Apparently you haven’t heard of the secret society of sports officials, RAM (Referees Against Minnesota), organized in December 1975.
Was that before or after the Drew Pearson game?

Two Knights still waiting for COVID tests to determine if they're playing tonight (McNabb and Reaves) and once again (F"K!) it appears Max Pacioretty will not play. Short-handed again, why not, it's only Game 7

Let’s go mutha fuckaaa!

Top Bottom