2021 Minnesota State Fair

It's what I grew up with. It'll always be Heritage Square.
Before that, it was the Teen Fair until 1975.

Check This out--Charlie Daniels, Kansas, New York Dolls. That's a booking agent, peeps.
EDfxF_TX4AYc5Es.jpg

Check This out--Charlie Daniels, Kansas, New York Dolls. That's a booking agent, peeps.
EDfxF_TX4AYc5Es.jpg
An older brother of a friend went to the New York Dolls show. He had no idea who they were. He went with a girl who liked them. He was not impressed. He was more of a Kansas kind of guy. Said it was the worst show he ever saw. That solidified my feelings that it was probably awesome.

A friend of mine works in the restaurant industry and they told him if he goes to the fair he needs to get tested for Covid before he comes back to work. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
Sounds very reasonable to me.

Same should be for concerts or large stadium sporting events.

EDfxF_TX4AYc5Es.jpg

Awesome lineup. I'd have killed to have seen Freddie King. Generally speaking I remember the big 'teen' hangout being the KQRS area by the Grandstand.

We went yesterday. We left before the rain hit. Great weather, limited crowd, no lines, great food. Ahhhh.

Went Friday. Crowd very manageable. Possibly the weather, possibly cooties.

Day 1 (Thursday, Aug. 26): 61,983, compared with 133,326 in 2019 (which is the all-time attendance record for the fair's first Thursday), and 122,695 in 2018.

Day 2 (Friday, Aug. 27): 77,406, compared with 157,224 in 2019 (which is the all-time attendance record for the fair's first Friday) and 108,059 in 2018.

Day 3 (Saturday, Aug. 28): 129,984 compared with 209,105 in 2019 and 222,144 in 2018 (the all-time attendance record for the fair's first Saturday).

Would expect yesterday (Sunday) should have pretty decent attendance, with the great weather.

Sunday's numbers will tell us how much COVID is keeping people away.

Day 4 (Sunday, Aug. 29): 149,247, compared with 191,524 in 2019 and 184,715 in 2018. (The all-time record for the fair's first Sunday was 209,969, in 1994.)

That is about 78% of the attendance from 2019.

Day 4 (Sunday, Aug. 29): 149,247, compared with 191,524 in 2019 and 184,715 in 2018. (The all-time record for the fair's first Sunday was 209,969, in 1994.)

That is about 78% of the attendance from 2019.
Based on the weather on Sunday, we can expect the attendance to be down by that percentage or more for the entire 12 days.

Yesterday was great, no lines and not to crowded.
We went Monday as well. Best time I've ever had at the fair- no wait for almost all spots we hit. Crowd didn't get too bad until mid-afternoon (got there in the morning). Weather was perfect. No wait for the bus at the park and ride at the U. Everywhere we went, it felt like at least 50% less crowded than usual. Miracle of Birth is usually a lesson in how to jamb as many people into a single building as possible, and quite miserable. This year, kids were able to get up to pet the baby animals with almost no waiting, and had plenty of free space around us.

Went today. Echo what others have said: best Fair visit I've personally had. Perfect weather, sparse crowds, short lines.

It'll never be this good again. 100 out of 100

Super easy parking at the U, taking shuttles over, and back. Hardly anyone on them. You could sit so far from the next person it wouldn't matter if you wore your mask or not. (Still did of course, on the shuttle).

Have never seen the food building less packed. Had to laugh at how many kids were working the cheese curd stand ... legitimately might have outnumber the people in the building.

Top Bottom