2021 Minnesota Players

What are you analyzing the offensive that the team is running or the QB's mechanics. The number one trait you want is a smart QB that is accurate. That is what jumps out on his film, he looks like a trained QB, not someone jumping around like a running back, like many high school programs place at QB like North did this year.

Lack of arm strength is was jumps out the most, but like I said, we only get to see a few plays out of hundreds in his highlight videos. I’m sure all of the D1 programs in this region know about him, and if they feel he has potential, they will offer.

The name seemed familiar. I use to live by him in St. Cloud, well, my old man did.

I hope he is a 10 time NFL MVP, like Tommyboy is predicting.

The name seemed familiar. I use to live by him in St. Cloud, well, my old man did.

I hope he is a 10 time NFL MVP, like Tommyboy is predicting.
I have watched the kid for a long time and just letting our state aware of local talent. Great kid who is into football, he is able to throw around 60 yards without pads, that is pretty good. What is more important is accuracy and have control to throw a catch-able ball. I have seen some huge arms that do not adjust.

I have watched the kid for a long time and just letting our state aware of local talent. Great kid who is into football, he is able to throw around 60 yards without pads, that is pretty good. What is more important is accuracy and have control to throw a catch-able ball. I have seen some huge arms that do not adjust.

Sure. But I think people would be aware of him if he had more offers/interest from college teams. Maybe I am misreading this but he appears to have one offer, from the former coach at FAU. He has been written about, traveled and camped. If you're not getting offers at this point, you might not get offers ever.

I hope he lights it up and becomes a great college QB. I just think this is an odd thread, especially when other 2021 threads exist.

Anyone else we should be watching for besides the kid you're not related to but know a ton about?

I find it funny when he are talking about writing off kids that just turned 16 that can throw the ball probably farther then the current starter on the Gophers who stands at most 6 feet and does not run a sub 5 second forty. I would love to see what Morgan looked like at 16, the backup from Eden Prairie was 160 pounds and 5'10" When I was 16 I weighed 160 pounds, my senior year in college a played at 230 and was benching over 400 pounds. There is so much development after this age. I believe kids should not get recruited seriously until their senior year and you can determine more of the players mental and physical traits.

I find it funny when he are talking about writing off kids that just turned 16 that can throw the ball probably farther then the current starter on the Gophers who stands at most 6 feet and does not run a sub 5 second forty. I would love to see what Morgan looked like at 16, the backup from Eden Prairie was 160 pounds and 5'10" When I was 16 I weighed 160 pounds, my senior year in college a played at 230 and was benching over 400 pounds. There is so much development after this age. I believe kids should not get recruited seriously until their senior year and you can determine more of the players mental and physical traits.

Not sure anyone is writing him off...just not sure what you expect people to do...anoint him the second coming of Peyton Manning or Drew Brees? As others have stated, if he is all that, the offers will come from teams, and possibly the Gophers.

Right, some other 2021 players I like include Nick Hand a 6'3 Safety/WR from TG, runs a 4.6. Gaven Ziebarth from Cambridge 200 pound RB with great speed. More of the kids in Minnesota are getting involved with the off season 7 on 7 programs that travel.

Right, some other 2021 players I like include Nick Hand a 6'3 Safety/WR from TG, runs a 4.6. Gaven Ziebarth from Cambridge 200 pound RB with great speed. More of the kids in Minnesota are getting involved with the off season 7 on 7 programs that travel.
alright I bit and watched his Jr season highlights. Accuracy is great. Arm strength is average at best. Hopefully with strength he can get there but there's nothing that screams B10 from the tape so far. Maybe with a huge senior year or if there's more in his regular tape versus his highlight tape. Throwing the ball a long way without pads on means next to nothing (hello Jamarcus Russell and your 80 yards kneeling throws). Additionally, to try bash TM and his arm strength with evidence you haven't watched his tape at all makes your argument look even weaker (he throws the ball 50 years across the hash down the field in pads at several times in his highlight tapes from HS). The kid looks like a nice player. really accurate throwing. Hopefully it comes together for him and he lands somewhere. Looks like he'll get the exposure based on his camping and if doesn't work out, I'm sure he'll land somewhere in FCS or thereabouts if he wants that.

alright I bit and watched his Jr season highlights. Accuracy is great. Arm strength is average at best. Hopefully with strength he can get there but there's nothing that screams B10 from the tape so far. Maybe with a huge senior year or if there's more in his regular tape versus his highlight tape. Throwing the ball a long way without pads on means next to nothing (hello Jamarcus Russell and your 80 yards kneeling throws). Additionally, to try bash TM and his arm strength with evidence you haven't watched his tape at all makes your argument look even weaker (he throws the ball 50 years across the hash down the field in pads at several times in his highlight tapes from HS). The kid looks like a nice player. really accurate throwing. Hopefully it comes together for him and he lands somewhere. Looks like he'll get the exposure based on his camping and if doesn't work out, I'm sure he'll land somewhere in FCS or thereabouts if he wants that.
No bashing, our team did great this year. The traits most desired in a QB are accuracy, smarts, and durability. A 16 year old that can throw the ball accurately over 55 yards is at a D1 level. He is taller, larger, and faster then Morgan and is 16 years of age. The kid will be a 4 year varsity starter. In reality most passes thrown at any level is less then 30 yards. I thought Morgan did great this year, he was given the opportunity and thrived. With what you are stating with his measurable's he would not be B10.

Morgan threw for over 10,000 yards in high school, so probably pretty good. I think he had hair then too, so he probably looked about 25 ish.

Not sure anyone is writing him off...just not sure what you expect people to do...anoint him the second coming of Peyton Manning or Drew Brees? As others have stated, if he is all that, the offers will come from teams, and possibly the Gophers.

Trying to figure that out as well. Tommyboy is acting like we have some say in recruiting. If the kid is going to camps and getting his film out there the offers will come if coaches feel like he can play. Not saying this is one of these cases but every year there are stories about players with insane stats that don't get recruited for one reason or another.

Hope it works out for him, always good when local kids succeed

I watched his highlight tape, and then watched Jacob Clark's junior season tape. I recommend people do that and see the difference in the amount of velocity on Clark's passes.

KK looks like a nice player, and his accuracy looks great on a lot of those passes. I just think his physical limitations probably have him as more of a G5 type QB at best, no shame in that. If he proves me wrong, great.

No bashing, our team did great this year. The traits most desired in a QB are accuracy, smarts, and durability. A 16 year old that can throw the ball accurately over 55 yards is at a D1 level. He is taller, larger, and faster then Morgan and is 16 years of age. The kid will be a 4 year varsity starter. In reality most passes thrown at any level is less then 30 yards. I thought Morgan did great this year, he was given the opportunity and thrived. With what you are stating with his measurable's he would not be B10.
Morgan or? Because TM in his highlight tape looks to be throwing the ball 50+ yards in pads more on a line than what I saw in KK's tape.

Arm strength is a fickle thing when you are basing it on that a kid can throw the ball far not in pads. Go to many HS games across MN and you can find kids throwing the ball 50+ yards in warmups out of pads. If that's on a line, then yeah that's college level arm strength. If it's arcing, then probably not without improving. The throws KK makes in games look more arcing. Can't say what they look like throwing against a shadow defense. That's a consequence of only having his game tape. Looking at just the highlight film, doesn't look like he's a surefire P5 QB. so I don't know what you're wanting me/us to say? It's not like any of us here are pro or college scouts. Maybe he's gotten better/stronger and still has the accuracy. If so, maybe he gets his shot/offer. If not, he looks like he for sure has what it takes to play lower level or possibly play in the G5, which is no thing to knock

I watched his highlight tape, and then watched Jacob Clark's junior season tape. I recommend people do that and see the difference in the amount of velocity on Clark's passes.

KK looks like a nice player, and his accuracy looks great on a lot of those passes. I just think his physical limitations probably have him as more of a G5 type QB at best, no shame in that. If he proves me wrong, great.
I like Clark's arm and leverage, I like our local kids as well, Clark is two years older then Kowalkowski in the same grade, you would need to compare his freshman film to KK junior film and then would get similar comparison. You will not get too many Minnesota high schools slinging the ball for 3- 4,000 yards, Texas teams also have more games and better weather during the season.

Clark is two years older then Kowalkowski in the same grade, you would need to compare his freshman film to KK junior film and then would get similar comparison.

Why? Unless he's planning to take a gap year or do a post-grad year somewhere (do prep schools even do that for football?), if he's relatively young now he will still be relatively young when he enrolls. Not much value to a college program of, "but since he's younger now, he'll be great in his sixth, seventh, and eighth years of eligibility!"

Wish I had 1 dollar for every young kid that is the next superstar. That said good luck to the young man and his future.

He is a good football player. I hope it all works out and the ends up a Gopher (genuinely).

I don't think it's difficult for a player on a 6A team in MN to get publicity, but I think it's a little more difficult than people think. I think Cole Kramer was under-recruited because of the offense he played.

All of that said, if this kid is good enough, people will find him. If they don't (and sometimes they don't (see Trey Lance)), he should walk on to the U.

He’s throwing passes to Joe Alt so plenty of coaches will see him throw. If they like what they see your guy will get an offer.

He’s throwing passes to Joe Alt so plenty of coaches will see him throw. If they like what they see your guy will get an offer.
He has worked with QB trainers that currently train over 50 Div 1 QB's. Their consensus is if you was in a program in their region utilizing a spread offensive highlighting his skill set that he would have multiple offers. They believe his skill set is as good or better then the QB they are training. You are right if he continues developing and doing the right things his time will come.

He has worked with QB trainers that currently train over 50 Div 1 QB's. Their consensus is if you was in a program in their region utilizing a spread offensive highlighting his skill set that he would have multiple offers. They believe his skill set is as good or better then the QB they are training. You are right if he continues developing and doing the right things his time will come.
You say he's in the class of 2021? He'll need to get some attention pretty quickly then. The majority of P5 QBs commit before their senior year starts. Hopefully he has a solid camp season and the offers start rolling in. You will probably want to take him to some camps outside of your region to get the added exposure. But, if they haven't heard of him already he'll really need to show out to catch the coaches eyes. Sounds like your QB trainers likely have connections so use them too. Best of luck!

I doubt the U takes another 2021 QB unless something changes with the current QB Room numbers.
Maybe ... but man PJ has shown he will take a dude if he can get him if he thinks the dude is better than other guys.

Like everyone is a WR now.

Kristoff Kowalkowski currently a 2*, 15th rated player in the state of Minnesota, per 247. This thread needed to be bumped.

Take a look at his film. One of the leading QB's in 6A playing for TG who is a traditionally running team. When is the last time we had a freshman QB in our state play in the FBU freshman All-American game and at 14 years of age and out play the other QB's. He has one D1 offer. We need to get the word out on all of our young talent in the state.
FBU freshman all American game is a simply a game of players who parents pay money to get exposure. It isn’t the best players in the country

Kristoff Kowalkowski currently a 2*, 15th rated player in the state of Minnesota, per 247. This thread needed to be bumped.

Do we really need to try and encourage Tommyboy to come out of hiding and start touting his kid again? I mean aren't there enough bad things going on in the world right now already?

Top Bottom