2021 - 4 star ATH Justice Sullivan gives verbal to Iowa

So we're posting new threads for Iowa commits now?

He died to me the minute he committed to Iowa. So I guess if you wanna give him an obituary, fine

He was adopted from Ghana by an Iowa family who recently moved ti Eden Prairie. So, he was plugged into Iowa and Iowa State long before the Gophers. It may be loyalties run in the family.

His dad came back to Minnesota for work etc., after working in Iowa. Supposedly he is extremely well liked in Iowa. Not sure why he came back to Minnesota after he left Minnesota to play for Iowa State and start up new roots there. Now his son is leaving Minnesota to go to Iowa to play football. I suppose he'll come back to Minnesota to work as well when his playing days are over.

Holy crap...it's Jake Sullivan's adopted son from Ghana? Wild. Pretty interesting story and the commitment makes sense if the kid spent most of his childhood in Iowa.

I always enjoyed watching Jake play ball at Iowa State. I doubt I'll really give a sht about his son playing at Iowa

Well - he is a guy we offered and a kid from Eden Prairie so i thought there might be some interest.
It was already mentioned in the 2021 recruiting thread. Delete this thread or combine please.

Great. We have two 4 stars in the 2021 class and they are committed to Wisconsin and Iowa. Good grief.

Great. We have two 4 stars in the 2021 class and they are committed to Wisconsin and Iowa. Good grief.
Long way to go to December 2020 when they can sign. Look at their positions and you can't really argue with the decisions. WI-OL and IA-LB and potential of NFL.

Long way to go to December 2020 when they can sign. Look at their positions and you can't really argue with the decisions. WI-OL and IA-LB and potential of NFL.

Good point my friend. You are absolutely right. Good input and a long way to go before the pen hits the paper.

This kid should have kept playing in the Black Stars system. There is more opportunity for him to find a pro contract.

Just heard him on the notorious B1G podcast. Mentioned that he liked Iowa because he could go in, do his work and get out. “No extra stuff” Sounds like he wasn’t going to buy into the Gophers culture of developing off the field.

Just heard him on the notorious B1G podcast. Mentioned that he liked Iowa because he could go in, do his work and get out. “No extra stuff” Sounds like he wasn’t going to buy into the Gophers culture of developing off the field.

Interesting quote. Fleck even says it himself, "I'm not for everybody"

And the Illinois and NW fans are saying good grief, Minnesota has 2 4* guys from Illinois commited for 2021. Just get me good players. I don't care about zip codes.
+1

If we keep rattling off 10+ win seasons, dont care if the recruits come from here or elsewhere. Conversely, if we dont win enough games, my concerns will not be mitigated because we seem to be landing the local talent.

I've cooled on him.

I bet ISU fans aren't happy that the son of a former BB player there chose the Hated Hawkeyes.

Top Bottom