2021-2022 Schedule

A weekend game at a solid non-conference opponent sounds like a fun trip to make.

I'm glad we're keeping this home and home.

Go Gophers!!

I doubt anyone gets Nebraksa, PSU and NW all twice. And if anyone does, it's probably Wisconsin just because.
For sure. You just asked if it could be better.

home against those 3 are the best 3 chances for wins and we only get 2/3 games

so we could have it better

Not bad though

What do you know about their team that makes you make that statement?
Very little. I’m basing it off my expectations for the Gophers. UMKC does appear to have some size on their current roster. Plus Foxxy is O-U-T.

Not going to be many games on the schedule right now that I’m feeling are an easy Gopher win.

UKMC will be a tough game I think. It wouldn't surprise me if they had the best player on the court either with Josiah Allick. I don't think any game will be a gimme with the roster we're going to put out there. I'd say at this point, we'd have about an average mid major roster.

Assuming the non-conference is 7 buy games, @Miss St, ACC game and Big East game, I'd put the record at 5-25 worst case, 12-18 best case.

Assuming the non-conference is 7 buy games, @Miss St, ACC game and Big East game, I'd put the record at 5-25 worst case, 12-18 best case.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I think best case would be like 5-25. I have my doubts if we can even win a B1G game next season. It'll be interesting to see what our buy games will be.

As of today the Gophers can barely start a lineup, guessing a win/loss record without knowing a complete roster is almost pointless....With no proven front court player or bench the outlook for winning a handful of games could be a probable reach...A likely assumption, we will add several more players, but who knows at what talent level.....There is still time to upgrade the roster thru the transfer portal, with still a few decent players uncommitted.....

Gophers schedule to date. Schedule will have minimum of 29 regular-season games, maximum of 31. I haven't seen confirmation of Gavitt Games participation, so for now not including that on the schedule. If Gophers do participate, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a home game.

Note: 2 years ago the ACC Challenge pairings were announced May 29, and the Gavitt Games pairings were released June 6.

MINNESOTA (26 slots filled as of 6/8/21)
Nov. 9: KANSAS CITY
Nov. 12: vs. George Mason/South Carolina/Western Kentucky
Nov. 14: vs. George Mason/South Carolina/Western Kentucky
Nov. 29-Dec. 1: ACC Challenge (highly likely on the road)
Dec. 5: @ Mississippi State
Dec. 22: GREEN BAY

ILLINOIS*
INDIANA*
@ Indiana*
IOWA*
@ Iowa*
@ Maryland*
@ Michigan*
MICHIGAN STATE*
@ Michigan State*
@ Nebraska*
NORTHWESTERN*
@ Northwestern*
OHIO STATE*
@ Ohio State*
PENN STATE*
@ Penn State*
PURDUE*
RUTGERS*
WISCONSIN*
@ Wisconsin*

March 9-13: Big 10 Tournament (Indianapolis)

Last edited:

Gophers schedule to date. Schedule will have minimum of 29 regular-season games, maximum of 31. I haven't seen confirmation of Gavitt Games participation, so for now not including that on the schedule. If Gophers do participate, it's pretty much guaranteed it will be a home game.

MINNESOTA
Nov. 9: KANSAS CITY
Nov. 29-Dec. 1: ACC Challenge (highly likely on the road)
Dec. 5: @ Mississippi State

ILLINOIS*
INDIANA*
@ Indiana*
IOWA*
@ Iowa*
@ Maryland*
@ Michigan*
MICHIGAN STATE*
@ Michigan State*
@ Nebraska*
NORTHWESTERN*
@ Northwestern*
OHIO STATE*
@ Ohio State*
PENN STATE*
@ Penn State*
PURDUE*
RUTGERS*
WISCONSIN*
@ Wisconsin*

March 9-13: Big 10 Tournament (Indianapolis)
This will likely be a historic season. Common will be sure to follow the team closely this season. Good for media coverage.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I think best case would be like 5-25. I have my doubts if we can even win a B1G game next season. It'll be interesting to see what our buy games will be.
I think 5 wins as best-case is awfully pessimistic. Even in a worst-case, you ought to go 4-3 in the buy games and stumble into a B1G win somewhere. PSU and NW will be bad too and we get 4 shots at them.

Best case, win 7-8 non-conference games and shock the world with 5-6 B1G wins.

I think that's awfully pessimistic. Even in a worst-case, you ought to go 4-3 in the buy games and stumble into a B1G win somewhere. PSU and NW will be bad too and we get 4 shots at them.

Best case, win 7-8 non-conference games and shock the world with 5-6 B1G wins.

I'm just not seeing getting to 7/8 wins OOC. Unless our buy games consist of strictly SWAC and MEAC teams. But that's never been the case. I think from a talent perspective this team is worse off than the 15-16 team. That team won 8 games, but was 2-16 in the B1G. I guess the question comes down to are guys like Stephens, Loewe, Sutherlin, as experienced players, better off than what we were with a younger DuPree and Mason, Murphy. That 15-16 team had losses against South Dakota, South Dakota State, and Milwaukee.

I'm just not seeing getting to 7/8 wins OOC. Unless our buy games consist of strictly SWAC and MEAC teams. But that's never been the case. I think from a talent perspective this team is worse off than the 15-16 team. That team won 8 games, but was 2-16 in the B1G. I guess the question comes down to are guys like Stephens, Loewe, Sutherlin, as experienced players, better off than what we were with a younger DuPree and Mason, Murphy. That 15-16 team had losses against South Dakota, South Dakota State, and Milwaukee.
I was thinking the same thing.

From Marcus:
The Gophers men's basketball team is expected to play in a four-team event in Asheville, N.C. next season, sources told the Star Tribune.

The multiple team event (MTE) in Asheville is scheduled for Nov. 12 and Nov.. 14 and likely to include South Carolina, Western Kentucky, and George Mason.

Minnesota's 2021-22 nonconference schedule is still being finalized, but first-year coach Ben Johnson will make his head-coaching debut in the Nov. 9 opener vs. Missouri-Kansas City at Williams Arena. The U's exhibition game is Nov. 1 against Concordia-St. Paul at the Barn.

On Dec. 5, Mississippi State will host the Gophers in Starkville as the first part of a home-and-home series that was pushed back during the pandemic last season.

Top Bottom