2020 Mortell Holder of the year recipient gets in bar fight

I don't know I've seen a lot of fights throughout the years this one was pretty weak in my opinion. Not saying I condone it but it was a glorified wrestling match.

Terrible behavior but I would be surprised if anything comes of it.

I guess I was more speaking to the last 10-15 seconds. That second set of guys fighting it looks like his head is slammed into the concrete wall pretty damn hard and then I don't see him moving and the dude is unloading on the motionless guy.

I don't know I've seen a lot of fights throughout the years this one was pretty weak in my opinion. Not saying I condone it but it was a glorified wrestling match.

Dude got a lot of solid punches in, even on the ground. Most fights I've seen are shoving and chest bumping.

Either that or one punch and done.

I guess I was more speaking to the last 10-15 seconds. That second set of guys fighting it looks like his head is slammed into the concrete wall pretty damn hard and then I don't see him moving and the dude is unloading on the motionless guy.
Yeah if a guy is down you're done...if he was out cold he should have gotten off.

Dude got a lot of solid punches in, even on the ground. Most fights I've seen are shoving and chest bumping.

Either that or one punch and done.
Oh not me...I've seen a lot of fights waaaay worse...tons between brothers over car keys on a weekend night or the xbox controller.

Great point, I though I figured that out back in High School (age 16-17), when I was starting to get bigger and much stronger, and thought I was sort of tough. At a giant outdoor keg party at a farm I saw a couple relatively decent local HS wrestlers absolutely destroy a couple of bigger, older guys with big mouths who had somewhat intimidating reputations.

I try to remember that lesson when I get close to a loud, explosive situation that could escalate, even though I have not always done a great job of completely avoiding possible ensnarement.

The downside is pretty high regardless of what happens, especially with cell phone cameras and social media, beyond the legal and physical dangers of getting involved too much.

The thing to never for forget is you never know who you are dealing with for sure, whether a wrestler, someone ready to snap, or a gang banger with nothing to lose.

Good post Oaf.

Also, I found it a good practice to avoid physical altercations with dudes who wear cowboy boots when they're socializing - more likely to be a bad ass than not.

People just stand back and laugh. Makes me sick.
Yeah, well... I don't think I'm messin' with a couple of dudes rolling around in piss. Not my thing. I certainly wouldn't be videoing it, though. Someone could have at least notified security.

Oh not me...I've seen a lot of fights waaaay worse...tons between brothers over car keys on a weekend night or the xbox controller.

Yeah, I got in some bad fights with my own brother. Probably easily the most savage of any college dustups I was in.

-- After a night of heavy absinthe drinking in Barcelona, I had him a headlock and he bit the f--k out of my arm. I ended up knocking out his front tooth. We got kicked out of that rental flat almost immediately as they didn't appreciate the holes we put in the wall.

-- I'm also pretty sure he re-broke my nose in one late-night scrap.

Yeah, I got in some bad fights with my own brother. Probably easily the most savage of any college dustups I was in.

-- After a night of heavy absinthe drinking in Barcelona, I had him a headlock and he bit the f--k out of my arm. I ended up knocking out his front tooth. We got kicked out of that rental flat almost immediately as they didn't appreciate the holes we put in the wall.

-- I'm also pretty sure he re-broke my nose in one late-night scrap.
One of my good friends broke his hand punching his brother in the face. I've never been in a fight...what I've witnessed is enough for me haha

I think where it gets tricky is when you keep punching the guy when they are down. I've seen plenty of scuffles of this sort (at a bar, pickup basketball, etc.) and rarely does the guy keep punching away after he takes the guy down. Add to that, doing some major damage to his eye... If there aren't criminal charges there very well could be civil.

I think where it gets tricky is when you keep punching the guy when they are down. I've seen plenty of scuffles of this sort (at a bar, pickup basketball, etc.) and rarely does the guy keep punching away after he takes the guy down. Add to that, doing some major damage to his eye... If there aren't criminal charges there very well could be civil.

I think that is where you see the difference that these guys were trained fighters. They're trained to keep going until a ref steps in to pull them off. In this case, nobody did that.

Just saw a tweet from the OU Daily that Norman police are investigating the altercation.

And there is this bit:

"OU Daily reported Jones needed a four-hour operation on Feb. 16 on his eye.

“Dr. [Perry] Brooks came out of that surgery saying he’s extraordinarily lucky at this point, that he’s lucky he didn’t lose the eye altogether,” attorney Woodrow “Woody” Glass told the student newspaper.

“And so he was able to do some things surgically to rebuild that orbital socket and thinks everything is eventually going to come back to normal, but it’s going to take a while for him to fully recover.”

Given this info, I'll be 100% shocked if there aren't legal proceedings.

Jocks trying to pick fights and getting their asses beaten... I don't have a problem with it.

Hard to tell exactly what happened prior to the video....but it sure looked like Jones and his demin clad buddy were instigating. They both also appeared to be a bit bigger than the two others.

Hard to tell exactly what happened prior to the video....but it sure looked like Jones and his demin clad buddy were instigating. They both also appeared to be a bit bigger than the two others.
That's just it... men are pussies these days...if you want to instigate and run your mouth, get your ass kicked, then run to the cops you are a baby

Just another case of Snowflakes getting what they deserve. They confused a male bathroom with a safe place. It is refreshing to see bullies get what they deserve!

Speaking of fights...did you see Foligno take care of business last night? He actually asked the refs to step in because the other guy was bloodied. No need to keep pounding away when you know you've won.

"I was just defending myself" will absolutely not work when there's video of you body slamming the guy into the ground, then on top of him, then start wailing away with blows to the head.

No. That's you choosing the beat the ____ out of him.

Hope criminal charges are brought against them, no matter who started it.

Perfectly fine to defend yourself. But when you've clearly won, you STOP.

"I was just defending myself" will absolutely not work when there's video of you body slamming the guy into the ground, then on top of him, then start wailing away with blows to the head.

Spot on.

Don't always agree or even like your posts but this is a good take. The kid should have a duty to retreat (legally I don't know in OK). Defend yourself if someone is chasing after you trying to do you harm, or you can't extricate yourself from a situation where someone is trying to hurt you. But this is just bravado that could have been avoided.

Speaking of fights...did you see Foligno take care of business last night? He actually asked the refs to step in because the other guy was bloodied. No need to keep pounding away when you know you've won.
Good man.

Both did their job, no need to go farther.

Top Bottom