2020 College Football Other Games Thread: Week 2

KoolAid

Red Drank Brewmaster
Reaction score
The D'Eriq King era in Miami starts now against UAB. Just for fun, I put $100 on Miami to win the ACC (+1600). I don't care if it's a smart bet or not, I'm in it for entertainment. Go Canes!

Sloppy first drive for both teams...no shocker.

Of note is Miami's OC - Rhett Lashlee. He was this world-famous QB out of Springdale HS (AR) for Gus Malzahn. Should be fun to see if he lives up to the hype as a great OC

Canes looked just OK in a 31-14 win. They ran the ball pretty well and just outlasted UAB for the relatively easy win.

King looked good but not great. His size and mechanics (but not overall game) are identical to Russel Wilson. But hey, first game with a new team and a new offense during a pandemic...so I'm sure they'll take it.

Alright, a Saturday full of college ball. Not much for great matchups, but I haven't been this excited for Saturday ball for a long time.

This morning, I'll be keeping my eyes on Iowa State and UNC. Both have young QB's that get a lot of hype - let's see how they look.

I'm also passively flipping to the Kansas St game every now and then. Looks like Colton Beebe's younger brother starts at RT for KSU. He's a Redshirt Freshmen...very impressive

Louisiana got down inside the 10 with 6 seconds left, had a timeout left but instead opted to spike it. Why not use the TO?

NC is overrated
They went 8-4 or something against a top heavy schedule and took Clemson to OT

I think rating them in the 15-25 range is fair. Especially because I personally feel Syracuse is a top 40 team (although without big ten and pac 12 they might be a top 25 team)

I’m looking forward to the prime time game of Coastal Carolina vs Kansas at 9:00 pm. Pooka Williams Jr is the real deal.

Also, I know they did it last year, but I’m still loving the power move by Louisiana-Lafayette dropping the Lafayette and going by the University of Louisiana. Eat shit Monroe.

Our bowl opponent Georgia Tech hits the field against Florida State here shortly.

That game was proof positive we'd turned a corner going into Year 2.

Pulling for the upset.

Dungy is doing the Notre Dame games on NBC this year.

Our bowl opponent Georgia Tech hits the field against Florida State here shortly.

That game was proof positive we'd turned a corner going into Year 2.

Pulling for the upset.
How many years can we consider ga tech “our bowl opponent”

just curious

Dungy is doing the Notre Dame games on NBC this year.
Yes. Will be interesting if he is any good.

im honestly surprised they can’t find a good notre dame alumni to do it.
Even though Doug Flutie was Boston College he felt like a Notre Dame guy. Dungy doesn’t.

honestly any west coach guy or any NFL guy will feel strange calling a notre dame game seems odd.

I feel like they need a guy who is known more for college football than Pro to call the game. I’m surprised they didn’t get someone like Tebow.

Good question.

I still consider Bama and Arkansas as bowl opponents...and we're coming up on 20 years for them.

How's that?

As I watch these games I realize gophers sometimes look bad against non conference opponents but the current non conference win streak is amazing. It spans bowl games, at least one top 25 team, and multiple coaching staffs....
It’s amazing for a program that has the middling history of Minnesota to have not lost a non conference game in so long

I’m looking forward to the prime time game of Coastal Carolina vs Kansas at 9:00 pm. Pooka Williams Jr is the real deal.

Yeah I'll be tuning in as well. I didn't watch any of their games last year, so I'm curious to see if they'll improve off of another below mediocre year. Their OC, Brent Dearmon, is regarded as one of the bright young coaches in the RPO world.

Yikes - not a good look for Iowa St losing by 17 at home to the Ragin Cajuns.

What do we think about The Cajuns punching in another TD with 10 seconds left after ISU conceded and didn't use time-outs as the clock ran down?

Did not seem to bother anyone, but a knee and avoid any injury or incidents with additional plays, maybe would have been the thing to do....

Louisiana about to upset Iowa St. Kansas St tied with Arkansas St.

What do we think about The Cajuns punching in another TD with 10 seconds left after ISU conceded and didn't use time-outs as the clock ran down?
Well it was 4th down

I think they were smart to not kick a field goal.

You could take a knee and give Iowa State the ball.
Or you could run a simple play get a yard and end the game.

I think Iowa State should’ve tackled them before the end zone

Well it was 4th down

I think they were smart to not kick a field goal.

You could take a knee and give Iowa State the ball.
Or you could run a simple play get a yard and end the game.

I think Iowa State should’ve tackled them before the end zone

True that.

Top Bottom