2020 Bye Week (are you kidding me?)

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
I've never seen such a ridiculously late bye week.

The boys are going to be really sore by then.

Last edited:

Would have preferred the bye week come after Wisconsin or Michigan to help split up the schedule a bit better.

That being said, if we are in the race for the West title, the late bye week could be a nice way to begin the final three week run through Indy.

Definitely a late bye week but it happens. Every team has to deal with late bye weeks like this from time to time.

I'm just upset it's the same weekend as my birthday! What am I supposed to watch now?!

In 2003 and 2004 the Gophers' bye week was the weekend before Thanksgiving. At the time, that was the last game of the season, which meant they played 11 straight weeks.

This is why depth of talent is so important. We need 2nd stringers who are as good or nearly as good as the starters because injuries are bound to happen.

It happens.

I swear one year I saw someone with their one bye (not the two bye week year) ... at the start of conference play... like all conference play for them was straight one week after another... burtal.

Remember Mase complaining about it? We used to routinely get a bye week the last week of the regular season (as set by the Big 10) after all our games were over. It happened several times.

It clearly is another example of a vast conspiracy against all things Gopher sports. From the local sports writers all the way to the BIG scheduling everyone is against the Gophers.

It clearly is another example of a vast conspiracy against all things Gopher sports. From the local sports writers all the way to the BIG scheduling everyone is against the Gophers.
You forgot refs. :LOL:

Top Bottom