2020 Big Ten Football spring schedule, storylines and burning questions (Can Minnesota take the next step?)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Patrick:

Can Minnesota take the next step?
P.J. Fleck led Minnesota to their best season in decades with an 11-2 record and a tie for first in the Big Ten West. The Gophers didn’t get to play in the Big Ten Championship Game after losing to Wisconsin in their annual rivalry game. But they did win the Outback Bowl and finished as the No. 10 team in both the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll.

Minnesota got a taste of winning and they’re going to want a bigger bite this season but can the Gophers take the next step to knock off Wisconsin and win the West? Minnesota loses wide receiver Tyler Johnson, running back Rodney Smith and All-Big Ten safety Antoine Winfield, Jr. who led the team in tackles and had seven interceptions. How they replace that production will be vital toward replicating last year’s success. The return of second-team All-Big Ten quarterback Tanner Morgan and wide receiver Rashod Bateman will help in making the leap.

Go Gophers!!

Yes we can and we need to. Perhaps not by record but by performance. During the first 4 games last year I thought I was going to have health issues. We can clearly improve on that. Naturally cleaning up a bit as the season goes on and get stronger yet.

PJ is hyping the bamboo growth spurt so that means a lot of failure I'm afraid. Failure is growth!

Top Bottom