2020-21 Season: How will we watch it?

EaganGopher22

Reaction score
I received the following message from Gophers last week. Didn't see any other posts about this. Essentially, only 250 fans might be permitted (I am guessing family and close friends?):

I hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe and well. These past eight months have been unprecedented and it’s hard to think the last time our basketball student-athletes were on the hardwood was in March. Although we have not competed since then, I want to thank you for your continued support. We miss seeing you at the Barn and we look forward to the day when we are able to gather together again.

In September, the NCAA DI Council approved a November 25th start date for men's and women's basketball. Read the full statement from the NCAA here. We support this decision as the health and safety of our student-athletes remains our top priority.

This season will be extremely different than previous seasons. Based on recommendations from local health officials and guidelines in place on the state and local levels, there will be a drastic reduction in the number of spectators permitted to attend Gopher sporting events. Current guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health specify that venues must reduce occupant capacity to no more than 250 (indoor venues) patrons. With this reduction, we anticipate few or no spectators at home basketball games. Our staff is committed to working closely with government officials to monitor guidelines and adjust policies as needed.

Due to these realities, Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps to ensure its ability to adjust to the changing circumstances around COVID-19.

• If fans are permitted to attend home basketball games, a limited number of tickets may be distributed on an individual, game-by-game basis.
  • There will be no basketball season tickets. Your status as a season ticket holder remains unchanged, and your season ticket location will be retained for the 2021-22 season.
  • There will be no season ticket upgrade or adjustment process for the 2020-21 basketball season. Seat upgrades and change requests will take place prior to the 2021-22 season.
  • Gifts made after November 1, 2019 will continue to provide current year Gopher Score points through the 2021-22 athletics season.
As a season ticket holder that has renewed for the 2020-21 season, the following options are available:

1) Any amount of your season ticket order may be converted to a 100% charitable donation to the Golden Gopher Fund.

RECEIVE DOUBLE POINTS: Fans that donate to one of the two funds below will receive 20 Gopher Score points per $100 donated for current year giving (traditionally 10 points per $100 donated).

Golden Gopher Fund - Scholarship and program support to all Gopher student-athletes

Athletics Director’s Excellence Fund - Supports the most pressing needs of the department

By making a gift, your continued support will make a lasting impact on 600+ Gopher student-athletes. Your investment will allow Gopher Athletics to provide student-athletes the necessary resources to achieve greatness.

Your charitable gift will also boost your Gopher Score priority ranking and, most importantly, propel the basketball programs forward. As with all challenges, we know that together we will come out of this stronger.

2) 2020-21 season ticket orders may be applied to the 2021-22 basketball season. No action is needed to carry your credit forward to the 2021-22 season. Any amount credited from the 2020-21 season will automatically be applied to your 2021-22 season ticket purchase.

3) Season ticket holders may request a 100% refund of the paid amount for the 2020-21 season by reaching out to Gopher Fan Relations by calling 1-800-U-GOPHER or emailing [email protected]. Refund requests may take 4 to 6 weeks to process.
We appreciate your continued support as we navigate these challenging times. Our student-athletes look forward to competing this season and we can't wait to have you back in the stands cheering them on when it is safe to do so.

Go Gophers and United Are We!

Mark
4d78f14f0b0dcb7c764ed76ca702fff4.jpg

I have really appreciated previous GH posters who send the game links to watch the games. The women don't get on BTN enough and I'm not paying Comcast more for the plus option.

I have really appreciated previous GH posters who send the game links to watch the games. The women don't get on BTN enough and I'm not paying Comcast more for the plus option.

You can subscribe online for a school specific pass for $9.95 a month and cancel after the season. $30 will catch you all of the games. I did this last year with ESPN+ for Iowa State games (volleyball/MBB/WBB). Going to do it again this season. Will maybe add BTN+ app for Gophers because, like you note, they didn't make the cut for the main TV broadcast that often. I only have the regular BTN on Comcast and not really interested in any other Big 10 action other than the Gophers.

You can subscribe online for a school specific pass for $9.95 a month and cancel after the season. $30 will catch you all of the games. I did this last year with ESPN+ for Iowa State games (volleyball/MBB/WBB). Going to do it again this season. Will maybe add BTN+ app for Gophers because, like you note, they didn't make the cut for the main TV broadcast that often. I only have the regular BTN on Comcast and not really interested in any other Big 10 action other than the Gophers.
Thanks for the update. That sounds like a great option.

Top Bottom