2019 Total Offense Ranking vs 2020 Total Offense Ranking (in short, shut up about the offense right now)

Taji34

Reaction score

Offense 2019 vs 2020:
YearGamesPlaysYardsYDS/PlayOFF TDSYPGRank

Stats taken from https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2019/team/21/p2 and https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2.

Yes, the 2019 stats are final and the 2020 stats are only after 2 games, but can we PLEASE SHUT UP about the offense this year? Our current YDS/Play is identical to last year, YPG is higher, and total offense rank is higher.

As has been pointed out numerous times, the issue is not really with the offense as a whole but rather with the offensive philosophy against Maryland, especially in the 4th quarter as the lead evaporated.

The offense is going to be just fine and frankly we are going to need it to be explosive and carry us given the struggle on defense. In regards to Maryland, the Defense lost the game, the offense just failed to go out and win it when given repeated opportunities late. One sustained drive and Maryland doesn't come all the way back most likely. Not the offense's fault, 38 points should be enough to beat most teams, but is frustrating to see them go into a shell at a time when Maryland was simply begging us to pass.

As has been pointed out numerous times, the issue is not really with the offense as a whole but rather with the offensive philosophy against Maryland, especially in the 4th quarter as the lead evaporated.

The offense is going to be just fine and frankly we are going to need it to be explosive and carry us given the struggle on defense. In regards to Maryland, the Defense lost the game, the offense just failed to go out and win it when given repeated opportunities late. One sustained drive and Maryland doesn't come all the way back most likely. Not the offense's fault, 38 points should be enough to beat most teams, but is frustrating to see them go into a shell at a time when Maryland was simply begging us to pass.
I really think some posters need to go back and watch the offensive possessions in the 4th.

I have read posts that MD stacked the box in the fourth against the Gophs and by the third possession we should have adjusted. Other than one play, MD used the same defensive sets as in the first three quarters.

I really think some posters need to go back and watch the offensive possessions in the 4th.

I have read posts that MD stacked the box in the fourth against the Gophs and by the third possession we should have adjusted. Other than one play, MD used the same defensive sets as in the first three quarters.
If Maryland wasn’t stacking the box, I apologize for giving the impression it was. I wasn’t counting noses before the play; just going on how many bodies there seemed to be at or about the line of scrimmage when Mo got there. I’ll rewatch Q4.

Top Bottom