2019 Projected Depth Chart from GI

ZA is from Minn, <b>brought Faalele and Dunlap with him, </b>and both on paper and in person he looks the part, physically, of a Big Ten starting QB.

They want Zach to reach up, take the starting job by the horns, and own it.

But to date he has not been able to do that. Is simply the truth of it. We will see in fall ...

This take again? You think DF and CD chose MN because ZA wanted them to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought is that Tanner was a bit more decisive than Zach (formerly known as D). An outcome from the extra year in the system. ZA, with another year of experience, should demonstrate better decision making.

I’d think they’re both improving (hopefully) over last year. I doubt TM2 hit his ceiling last year either.

The trend we’ve all noticed and which seems to be gaining momentum in recent years is these QB situations tend to look calm on the surface, everyone says all the right things, until all hell breaks loose and someone (or more than one in Ohio State’s case) transfers out in search of a starting opportunity. Some guys, like Gray or Green, realize they have a better shot at a lottery win payday at a position other than QB. I’d wager most don’t have that outlook and want to play so it’s always hard to fault them too much for moving on, particularly if a coach shows clear favoritism. Based on how the season ended I don’t think PJ will pull Morgan for his “average” play otherwise he would have done it sooner last year. He probably realizes making a pre-emptive switch without a bad game from TM is a “bad” gamble with little upside and ZA is likelier to to be willing to stay and carry the clipboard than TM. My worthless .02.

Last edited:

I’d think they’re both improving (hopefully) over last year. I doubt TM2 hit his ceiling last year either.

The trend we’ve all noticed and which seems to be gaining momentum in recent years is these QB situations tend to look calm on the surface, everyone says all the right things, until all hell breaks loose and someone (or more than one in Ohio State’s case) transfers out in search of a starting opportunity. Some guys, like Gray or Green, realize they have a better shot at a lottery win payday at a position other than QB. I’d wager most don’t have that outlook and want to play so it’s always hard to fault them too much for moving on, particularly if a coach shows clear favoritism. Based on how the season ended I don’t think PJ will pull Morgan for his “average” play otherwise he would have done it sooner last year. He probably realizes making a pre-emptive switch without a bad game from TM is a “bad” gamble with little upside and ZA is likelier to to be willing to stay and carry the clipboard than TM. My worthless .02.

Yep, both definitely looked much improved this Spring compared to last Spring. Pushing each other now until Fall will only pay big dividends when it counts. This offense is going to be fun to watch, and having two QBs who have mastered it is such a "nice to have".

Top Bottom