2017 Bowl Games Thread

No, they very much deserved to be there. It's clear to me that nobody outside these four did though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if Clemson swapped out Auburn for a better OU and lost? Does that change the equation? Without playing the same schedule it’s hard to make assumptions Clemson is definitely better than OSU.

Fans of SEC teams are already pounding their chests about the all SEC championship even though their team isn't playing. I get conference pride but they take it to another level.

What if Clemson swapped out Auburn for a better OU and lost? Does that change the equation? Without playing the same schedule it’s hard to make assumptions Clemson is definitely better than OSU.

As they say, that's why they play the games so yes I am making an assumption. It's my opinion though there wasn't any other team in the class of these four.

As they say, that's why they play the games so yes I am making an assumption. It's my opinion though there wasn't any other team in the class of these four.

Honestly, I find that frustrating because a) I vehemently disagree, and b) we need a movement to get a true inclusive playoff for deserving teams.

Weird year. Clemson wasn’t a great team offensively, lost to Syracuse and won ugly several times. OK was not great defensively but defeated a more talented OSU at home. Ohio State belly flopped vs OU and Iowa and missed the playoff.

Alabama lost vs Auburn. Auburn just lost to UCF. Seems like every team is flawed and/or had fluky losses or motivational problems this hear. Would have been a perfect year for a 6 or 8 team playoff.

Every year would be a perfect year for the five P5 conf champs, plus the best G5, plus the two best remaining P5 non-champs.

Don't think we get there, but it would be nice.

Didn't watch either the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl --- why would I??? Neither featured a Big Ten team.

And the Sugar Bowl featured a team that did not win its conference, while two P5 conference champions sat out.

No thanks

Honestly, I find that frustrating because a) I vehemently disagree, and b) we need a movement to get a true inclusive playoff for deserving teams.

So what team in your opinion was in the same class as any of these four?. UCF?. Ohio State?. In the case of OSU it was them or bama so they clearly got it right. As far as UCF goes, they struggled to beat a subpar Auburn that got beat by Georgia. I've said before I'd be open to a five team playoff with a play in game but it doesn't look to me like that 5th team would have beaten the lowest ranked of the 4 that got in. That being bama.

So what team in your opinion was in the same class as any of these four?. UCF?. Ohio State?. In the case of OSU it was them or bama so they clearly got it right. As far as UCF goes, they struggled to beat a subpar Auburn that got beat by Georgia. I've said before I'd be open to a five team playoff with a play in game but it doesn't look to me like that 5th team would have beaten the lowest ranked of the 4 that got in. That being bama.

You can’t “know” anything when they’re so close in ability and output and with only 13 games an extremely limited sample size. Auburn was ranked #6 when they played UCF.

Top Bottom