2016 starters

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
It s hard to keep up with who will be back ..who we lost.... With all the injuries

Offense
WR will be solid gentry, still, wolitarsky, holland, register, snealson, carter

TE lingen is a stud ???

RB Brooks , smith. Solid ????

OL. lauer, Mayes, Moore, pirsig, ?????

QB Mitch , Croft ????

Defense

DL timms, stelter, Richardson, ekpe , ekpe , ????

LB Poock , celsten, huff, Lynn, ?????

DB Rodgers, myrick, James, ?????

We looked to be very good at WR and a stud TE

Mitch has made good strides at QB

RB are pretty solid who else can step in?

OL need a lot more guys pretty thin?? What young guys do they like a lot?

Need more depth at DL

LB we are ok who else can play?

DB I am kinda worried need some play makers!!

I am so excited for next year can help but look ahead.

It s hard to keep up with who will be back ..who we lost.... With all the injuries

Offense
WR will be solid gentry, still, wolitarsky, holland, register, snealson, carter

TE lingen is a stud ??? Plsek could be back, Wozniak

RB Brooks , smith. Solid ????

OL. lauer, Mayes, Moore, pirsig, ?????

QB Mitch , Croft ????

Defense

DL timms, stelter, Richardson, ekpe , ekpe , ???? Elmore

LB Poock , celsten, huff, Lynn, ?????

DB Rodgers, myrick, James, ????? Travis should get a medical redshirt

Need more depth at DL

Added a few above.

It is interesting to me how consistently optimistic Gopher fans are about our WRs. We are losing easily the best one WR (Maye) and of the rest only Wolitarsky is a proven performer. Someone like Still may step up and Carter may develop but I see a ton of question marks at WR.

It is interesting to me how consistently optimistic Gopher fans are about our WRs. We are losing easily the best one WR (Maye) and of the rest only Wolitarsky is a proven performer. Someone like Still may step up and Carter may develop but I see a ton of question marks at WR.

That was my first thought about the receivers too. Seems like Maye and leidner have quite the jive going. Someone will have to step into that role for 3rd downs and crunch time.

I just hope the pendulum swings and next year everyone stays healthy. the team deserves that after this year. i know it won't happen but maybe at least some more minor injuries like ankle sprains are warranted.

I would say Carter and Still will be as proven coming into next year as Maye was this year. Wolo will be number one, followed by those two. I thought Gentry played well when healthy, but he's still an unknown. Maye really stepped up to be a consistent threat this year. Someone else will do the same next year. Have a lot of guys back on both sides of the ball. Should be a good squad with the experience they got this year and a lighter schedule

QB-Leidner(SR), Croft(SO)
RB- Brooks(SO)/Smith(SO), Jones(SO)-Claeys said on his radio show he and Jeff would meet after the year to decide what position he should be at for spring ball I think he will end up back at RB
FB-Beebe(FR)?, Hartmann(SR)
X-Wolitarsky(SR), Still(SO), Gentry(SO)
Z-Carter(JR), Holland(SO), Snelson(FR)
YTE-Wozniak(JR), Scarver(JR), Plsek(SR)?
HTE-Lingen(JR), Hart(JR), Anyanwu(JR)?
LT-Lauer(SR), Oseland(FR)
LG-Calhoun(JR), Weyler(SO)?
C-Moore(SO), Bobek(SR)?
RG-C.Mayes(JR), Hayes(SR)
RT-Pirsig(SR), Foster(FR)?
DE-Elmore(JR)/Webber(JR)
DT-Richardson(JR),Stelter(JR)
DT-S.Ekpe(SR),Timms(SR)/Moore(SO)
DE-H.Ekpe(SR),Kafo(SO)?
LB-Celstin(JR),Coughlin(FR)
LB-Poock(JR), Rallis(SR)/Williams(JR)
LB-Lynn(SR), Ju.Huff(SO)
CB-Myrick(SR), Shenault(SO), Thomas(FR)
CB-Hardin(SO), James(JR), Buford(FR)
S-Travis(SR), Ayinde(JR), Ja.Huff(SO)
S-Rogers(SR/JR), McGhee(JR), D.Johnson(FR)/Craighton(FR)

Wasn't sure about some spots whether the guy may be done due to injury or maybe there is someone likely to be ahead of them that I didn't think of so I put question marks in some spots. I would expect we still add a couple DL, a DB or 2, and a OL in this recruiting class so hopefully those are guys that could contribute immediately. Have heard some good things about the RS FR OL and DBs so maybe some of them find their way onto the depth chart.

Still is already better than Woli, IMO.

I think Carter has shown great promise this year.

Our TEs will be solid.

I have high hopes for Gentry and Gant. MHjr?

You are absolutely right that someone needs to step up like KJ did this year. This position continues to be a ?

Offense
WR will be solid gentry, still, wolitarsky, holland, register, snelson, carter Hmielewski?

TE lingen is a stud ??? Plsek, Gibson

RB Brooks , smith. Solid ???? Femi Cole

OL. lauer, Mayes, Moore, pirsig, Oselund, Calhoun

QB Mitch , Croft ????

Defense

DL timms, stelter, Richardson, ekpe , ekpe , ???? Elmore, Webber

LB Poock , celstin, huff, Lynn, ????? Williams, Coughlan

DB Rogers, myrick, James, ????? Hardin, Travis, Huff

Need more depth at DL

Some additions (and spelling corrects)

after the past seveal yars I never look ahead to avoid disappointmet with etiher varbals who don't sign or qualify, highly ranked players who don't pan out, injuries or the several transfer each year. Once we get to mid August then a depth chart will make more sense for the year

Still is already better than Woli, IMO.

I think Carter has shown great promise this year.

Our TEs will be solid.

I have high hopes for Gentry and Gant. MHjr?

You are absolutely right that someone needs to step up like KJ did this year. This position continues to be a ?

I think we will see an improvement out of Wolitarsky next year similar to what we saw out of Maye this year. No rhyme or reason, just a hunch.

RB- Brooks(SO)/Smith(SO), Jones(SO)-Claeys said on his radio show he and Jeff would meet after the year to decide what position he should be at for spring ball I think he will end up back at RB
C-Moore(SO), Bobek(SR)?
DE-Elmore(JR)/Webber(JR)
DE-H.Ekpe(SR),Kafo(SO)?
LB-Lynn(SR), Ju.Huff(SO)

Wasn't sure about some spots whether the guy may be done due to injury or maybe there is someone likely to be ahead of them that I didn't think of so I put question marks in some spots. I would expect we still add a couple DL, a DB or 2, and a OL in this recruiting class so hopefully those are guys that could contribute immediately. Have heard some good things about the RS FR OL and DBs so maybe some of them find their way onto the depth chart.

Actually, i think this is spot on, only change I could see is Ja Huff passes Ayinde.

after the past seveal yars I never look ahead to avoid disappointmet with etiher varbals who don't sign or qualify, highly ranked players who don't pan out, injuries or the several transfer each year. Once we get to mid August then a depth chart will make more sense for the year

You will be banned for rational thought. Many on this board were trying to figure out where to display the Heisman Trophy that Jeff Jones was going to win this year. Irrational exuberance reigns supreme.

C-Moore(SO), Bobek(SR)?
DE-Elmore(JR)/Webber(JR)
DE-H.Ekpe(SR),Kafo(SO)?
LB-Lynn(SR), Ju.Huff(SO)

Agree with most of this I think Plsek will start if healthy though. I think Mayes older brother could be a factor on the line too if healthy. If the kid from Red Wing Connelly progresses in the weight room he could get some reps. Thought Oseland was a guard?

You will be banned for rational thought. Many on this board were trying to figure out where to display the Heisman Trophy that Jeff Jones was going to win this year. Irrational exuberance reigns supreme.

Yeah, who can stand those optimistic fans. Speculation has no business on a message board.

Agree with most of this I think Plsek will start if healthy though. I think Mayes older brother could be a factor on the line too if healthy. If the kid from Red Wing Connelly progresses in the weight room he could get some reps. Thought Oseland was a guard?
I would agree with you on Plsek I more listed him where I did because I'm not sure how is recovery from the injuries is going and whether he will be back next year or decide to move on. Haven't really heard too much on A.Mayes but seems like he has had some injury troubles so far in his Gopher career. I do remember hearing good things about Connelly so he could be a possibility. I believe Oseland came out of high school as a tackle and it was what he was working at right away I could be wrong though. I do wonder which OL are working at C though or if we have any coming in because there doesn't look to be a whole lot of depth there.

I hope to see Duke Anyanwu recover fully and be on track to be a factor at tight end.

Disappointed in Melvin Holland Jr, and Gentry.... expected to see some flash out of them this year. Gentry may have the most sensitive hamstrings in history... I hope they can take some steps forward.

On defense, I think it is time to throw some scholarship money at Ayinde. He has performed well under pressure. I'd like to see him add a bit of muscle weight over the next year though.
.wan

I share the concerns about the wide receivers going forward. That's not to say that guys can't/won't step up, just that KJ Maye as been far and away our biggest playmaker at the position this season. My other two concerns are both lines, with greater concerns towards the interior of the OL and the ends on the DL. Need to get more physical/nasty on the OL and need more pass rush out of the DE's.

Top Bottom