Votes: 88 71.5%
  • C

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I gave them a C before the bowl game. I'll move to C+... B- now, that was a legit surprise win to end it..

A very solid B, and to those that keep tossing piss at the team, a fungus laden toe for you to suck on and mouth sores to be reminded of that smell.

LOL. Glad I wasn't drinking something when I read this post...:clap:

B. With the caveat that they probably haven't had an "A" season in my lifetime. This record with a win against Wisconsin would have been an A for me.

We lost to Wisky, Nebraska, Iowa, and Penn St so it can't be an A.

A solid B, possibly B+ after last nigh's performance.

We had a C+ going into the bowl game. Strong "A" performance in the final gives the Gophers a solid "B" for the year.

Sorry they won huh Sunshine? ;)

"GopherTheMoney Posts:

With No One in the Secondary Now Against a Top 5 Pass Attack, How Ugly Will it Get? I think 49-17 is a modest take.....Leach will have no problem running up the score...Anyone going to the game, enjoy San Diego and leave at halftime to catch the B10 basketball opener."

"Gophs have ZERO chance to stop them in 4-5 WR sets....lack of quality and zero depth...In the second half the guys that play will be gassed."

"Gopher fans won't have to watch ML7 throw another pass and/or watch Ayinde get burned on consecutive double-moves...i am liking this boycott more and..."

"Maybe Coyle can find replacement players like Keenu Reeves, Jon Favreau and Orlando Jones and hire Gene Hackman to coach them...We could still keep the 2.8 million dollar check! "

"I wonder if Mega Tongue was still our AD this all could have been avoided..."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?10342-GopherTheMoney

GopherTheMoney...you can take a big hike you jerk.

B+. Wins in any of the (4) games we lost would've bumped me up to an A-.

I'd give the season a B+, and and it would have been an A if not for a revealed lack of character among a substantial portion of the team.

I gave them a C before the bowl game. I'll move to C+... B- now, that was a legit surprise win to end it..

Pretty much how I feel. The players and coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for last night's win.

However, they still finished 4th in the Big Ten West, didn't beat a rival, and didn't beat a ranked team. Plus the off the field stuff.

9 wins, 2nd consecutive bowl win, a 3 pt loss to the B1G champs in OT, 7 point losses to Iowa and Nebraska, all three of those games could have gone the other way with just one change of a single play.

B+ for being oh so close to having a 1 loss season.

Simply ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of it? There's no way you can say the off-field stuff isn't the biggest story of the season.

They had a chance to have a really special season and blew it multiple times. They also put the team in a terrible position for next year. It wasn't a good season.

Pretty much how I feel. The players and coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for last night's win.

However, they still finished 4th in the Big Ten West, didn't beat a rival, and didn't beat a ranked team. Plus the off the field stuff.

Yup, season was so-so, don't want to knock it, but no extra points, the Northwestern win was a plus, but not enormous, but the bowl game was a legit upset and they played beyond what we've seen for a boost.

What part of it? There's no way you can say the off-field stuff isn't the biggest story of the season.

They had a chance to have a really special season and blew it multiple times. They also put the team in a terrible position for next year. It wasn't a good season.

The OP was referring to the team's performance not the off-field issues. As for missing a chance on a really special season then only a few teams must be worthy of high marks in your book. While we squandered chances to have an elite season I would argue winning all the games we should have, beating a couple of favored opponents, having opportunities to win in all of our losses which were against favored teams, and going without what have seemed to be annual prototypical losses to heavy underdogs is worthy of some lauding. You have any idea of past football performances or just wanting to be a d!nk?

Solid B
9 wins. In every game. Needed a trophy game victory to make the grade an A.
Off the field:
the 5 suspended for alleged sexual assault was a negative.
The 5 suspended for whatever their role in the investigation of the incident was a negative, because they got lumped in with the first five. They shouldn't have been.
A plus to the off the field was we had 27 academic all big ten players.
So a solid B is where this season should be graded.

Since Claeys has been acting HC, the Gophers have been close in every loss. No blowouts to speak of. I remember getting embarrassed 55-0 by conference opponents in previous seasons, so this is a positive trend. Solid B

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'll average it out at C.

B for on the field (9 wins, bowl win).

D for embarrassing off the field circus.

Only in Minnesota do we give a C for 9 wins.

Those A seasons at unc mean more.

TC and team get a B+ for one of the best seasons in recent memory, capped by an underdog bowl win.

MC and EK get a D- for turning a bad off-field situation, but one not uncommon in major college sports, into a national sh*t storm.

Players that are proven to have criminally been involved in said off-field situation get an F.

Combined, they get C+ grade with TC, other coaches and the players positively representing the University dragged down by the riff-raff.

To me performance versus expectation is not what the grade measures. The grade measures wins. Win 11-13 A; 8-10 B; 5-7 C; 3-4 D; 0-2 F. SOS could slide that a game up or down, but that's the guideline for me. I don't consider last year, expectations, margin of victory. Some posters seem like they'd grade the season an F if we won 12 but lost to Wisconsin.

This was a "C" season. We beat the teams we should have beat, but we lost every trophy game. Our offense is still below what it needs to be and the defense is above average.
The bowl win, against all odds, was great, but the season receives a grade of a C.

This was a "C" season. We beat the teams we should have beat, but we lost every trophy game. Our offense is still below what it needs to be and the defense is above average.
The bowl win, against all odds, was great, but the season receives a grade of a C.

Wow- hate to be your kid coming home with a 3.5 GPA

I will go along with all that but go with a B. That holiday bowl win was one for the ages! A play or 2 against Iowa or PSU or even the BADgers and this is an amazing season. All in all, everyone has to at least be fairly satisfied on the field. If Carpenter hadn't been such a stud, maybe a different story. But if Mitch improves a tiny bit on his junior year..........

I will go along with all that but go with a B. That holiday bowl win was one for the ages! A play or 2 against Iowa or PSU or even the BADgers and this is an amazing season. All in all, everyone has to at least be fairly satisfied on the field. If Carpenter hadn't been such a stud, maybe a different story. But if Mitch improves a tiny bit on his junior year..........
Yeah, if he only improved on the 2015 season...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom