Votes: 16 13.0%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Whatcha got? Personally, I'd say B. 9 wins is a lot even if we had the softest schedule since playing St. Paul Central. We lost some real ugly games and had to sit through some horrific play. All that said, still 9 wins.

I would have went with A if not for a certain incident in early September ...

Went with a B for the play on the field. It's a C if you consider all the off field crap.

Depends on if this year is supposed to be a peak or a valley. If a peak it is a C, if it is a valley it is an A. If it is neither it is a B.

5th year senior quarterback I assumed peak. Maybe it is not a peak. If not a peak, I'm wrong about TC. I hope I am wrong.

B+. It wasn't an A, but any lower than a B would be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 wins, I do not care against who, and the total team/staff effort tonight, I'm throwing an A at them.

forget anyone who didn't say 'A' - best season we've had in 13 years and arguably our best postseason win since the 62 rose bowl.

claeys may very well go 6-6 next season and get canned (wrongfully imo) but he proved he is the right guy for the job if he wants to stick around.

C....Lost all the big games except tonight and the horrible off the field stuff.

Sorry they won huh Sunshine? ;)

"GopherTheMoney Posts:

With No One in the Secondary Now Against a Top 5 Pass Attack, How Ugly Will it Get? I think 49-17 is a modest take.....Leach will have no problem running up the score...Anyone going to the game, enjoy San Diego and leave at halftime to catch the B10 basketball opener."

"Gophs have ZERO chance to stop them in 4-5 WR sets....lack of quality and zero depth...In the second half the guys that play will be gassed."

"Gopher fans won't have to watch ML7 throw another pass and/or watch Ayinde get burned on consecutive double-moves...i am liking this boycott more and..."

"Maybe Coyle can find replacement players like Keenu Reeves, Jon Favreau and Orlando Jones and hire Gene Hackman to coach them...We could still keep the 2.8 million dollar check! "

"I wonder if Mega Tongue was still our AD this all could have been avoided..."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?10342-GopherTheMoney

The focus is so much on ten kids while there are 90+ kids that are well deserving of a bowl trip and earned a well-deserved victory tonight. Kudos to Claeys for an excellent coaching job, and to the entire team for overcoming adversities this season.

Claeys I give him a B+. He probably deserves an A.

C....Lost all the big games except tonight and the horrible off the field stuff.

Hmmm. Is this like an Organic Chemistry grade where no one gets above a C? Or are you just an idiotic poster that has no context in terms of Gopher football history? Something sugests the latter.

The focus is so much on ten kids while there are 90+ kids that are well deserving of a bowl trip and earned a well-deserved victory tonight. Kudos to Claeys for an excellent coaching job, and to the entire team for overcoming adversities this season.

Claeys I give him a B+. He probably deserves an A.

So why give him a B+? You remind me of a boss I had in college

A very solid B, and to those that keep tossing piss at the team, a fungus laden toe for you to suck on and mouth sores to be reminded of that smell.

B. Nine wins with a bowl win over an 8 win P5 conference school is a good season.

Whatcha got? Personally, I'd say B. 9 wins is a lot even if we had the softest schedule since playing St. Paul Central. We lost some real ugly games and had to sit through some horrific play. All that said, still 9 wins.

B .... need to tighten up the discipline and get more crisp on offense. The A+ that the defense gets is fully impacted to an overall team "B" by an inept offense which deserves an overall C+. Leidner was a D at best, and the running backs were awesome at A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C at best, lost some winnable games against good opponents and beat who they should have.

The off-field stuff is the biggest story of the season.

It's a B+/A- for me (ignoring what has and may over the next month happen off the field). Tonight's win helped a lot. 9 wins excellent, winning Big Ten record, bowl win in one of the most significant bowl games played since the 60s, had a chance to win in all 4 losses. Fair to note easyish Big Ten schedule, 0-3 v. Ia/ne/wi, frustrating offense (particularly down stretch of 4 losses) on the negative side.

Strange year end feeling from a fan perspective with everything else going on. Let's see how January goes, not something you'd usually say.

B+. Beat the teams we were supposed to beat and got a solid bowl win with our backs against the wall.

To those saying "C"... Vegas had us at either 6 or 6.5 wins. Sure we didn't take full advantage of an easy schedule, but overall I don't see how you can consider 9-4 anything but a very solid result.

C at best, lost some winnable games against good opponents and beat who they should have.

Simply ridiculous

F.

This season goes beyond wins and losses, which by the way, the season with the schedule, was set up to have much more on field success than they had...also, they did not come away with any relevant, in conference trophies.

The season gets an F from me, because it will set the program back, yet again.

A very solid B, and to those that keep tossing piss at the team, a fungus laden toe for you to suck on and mouth sores to be reminded of that smell.

No pig, or axe, not even a manufactured bell or broken chair. A scandal that will set the team back, yet again...Great season!!!

What low standards a lot of fans around here have.

Even with a 9 win season, this team is as low as they have been since the Mason era ended.

As far as winning goes (which, I am told, is important):
- This .692 record is the eighth best in the last 75 years; that puts it in the top 11%
- This is second best record since 1967
- This record is in the top 6% in the last 50-years

Even if all other touchy-feely intangibles are an F, winning alone easily makes this season an A or B.

I graded a B, not a B+. If they could have won 1 more game an A, they coulda shoulda beat 1 of the big ten teams they lost to.

Real ugly games? Horrific play? We led or were tied in the 4th quarter of every single game. Which team were you watching?

F.

This season goes beyond wins and losses, which by the way, the season with the schedule, was set up to have much more on field success than they had...also, they did not come away with any relevant, in conference trophies.

The season gets an F from me, because it will set the program back, yet again.

So did you just have WSU to cover, or did you bet the over too?

B+. A solid B+ too. 9 wins is huge. Back to back bowl game wins is huge. But to get an A- or an A you need to win your rivalry games and trophies. B+

B+ on the field. Incomplete off the field.

What happened off the field was horrific and we can bark about lack of due process and the EOAA, but that kind of misses the point. I'm one who believes that as absolutely horrifying the events of September 2 were, this may be a teachable moment for Claeys as a head coach. There's more to being a head coach than X's and O's and Claeys needs to assert himself more in the "CEO" side of FBS head-coaching.

Top Bottom