2015 8 consecutive years Iowa has beaten MN in Football

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Floyd has been gone from Minneapolis a long time.
Close calls or not, that streak is starting to be a ridiculously long streak starting to turn into the Wisconsin streak.
PJ Fleck and coaching staff have never beaten Iowa. What will be different this year? I sure hope we see the Gophers score some points and end this nightmare in Kinnick stadium. Score some points and stop Iowa from scoring, let's hope so.

Floyd has been gone from Minneapolis a long time.
Close calls or not, that streak is starting to be a ridiculously long streak starting to turn into the Wisconsin streak.
PJ Fleck and coaching staff have never beaten Iowa. What will be different this year? I sure hope we see the Gophers score some points and end this nightmare in Kinnick stadium. Score some points and stop Iowa from scoring, let's hope so.

I think PJ will take this into consideration.

Hold up....you're saying we have a long losing streak to Iowa......holy crap.....how has nobody been discussing this on the board up until now...... :)

Sorry for the snark but there are like 12 Iowa threads right now.....not sure we really needed another.

As long as we don't take our time-outs on the bus at the end of the game, I'm all good.

Hey, in September we just tied IWOA in football (and don't call it "soccer", it's FOOTBALL)

I know, it's a lousy response, but it's all I've got when my IWOA neighbor starts bashing Gopher football - that and the fact that IWOA scores less than a broke ugly guy trying to pick up girls at a bar.

1697490963536.png

Hold up....you're saying we have a long losing streak to Iowa......holy crap.....how has nobody been discussing this on the board up until now...... :)

Sorry for the snark but there are like 12 Iowa threads right now.....not sure we really needed another.
Noted, should have posted in the game time thread. It does suck that this streak has started to mirror the Wisconsin streak with close losses and some times bad luck. The one constant is Iowa always seems to have a great defense and a great punting game every year. Sad that is 4 years time there will likely be no more protected rivalry games.

Noted, should have posted in the game time thread. It does suck that this streak has started to mirror the Wisconsin streak with close losses and some times bad luck. The one constant is Iowa always seems to have a great defense and a great punting game every year. Sad that is 4 years time there will likely be no more protected rivalry games.
Iowa also, against the Gophers and PJ, always seems to make a huge play late in the game that effectively closes out the Gophers. Sometimes an offensive play that turns explosive, or on defense an interception or forced fumble. It’s as if Iowa knows it will happen … and the Gophers know it too. It would be nice to take a big lead into the 4thQ and then have Rossi atone for NWern by holding off Iowa’s final offensive efforts. Go Gophers.

Iowa also, against the Gophers and PJ, always seems to make a huge play late in the game that effectively closes out the Gophers. Sometimes an offensive play that turns explosive, or on defense an interception or forced fumble. It’s as if Iowa knows it will happen … and the Gophers know it too. It would be nice to take a big lead into the 4thQ and then have Rossi atone for NWern by holding off Iowa’s final offensive efforts. Go Gophers.

A very accurate synopsis of recent history and it's not just applicable to our experience with Iowa. They can be doubled in yardage but their opponent doesn't score commensurate to the yardage. They often don't score much but they keep pinning you deep in your own territory until their offense or their defense comes up with a big play.

I don’t understand sums sports fans interest in self-flagellation, but it’s definitely a thing.

Top Bottom