• Ragnow & Holland

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Jones, Ragnow, & Holland

Votes: 60 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuluthTexan

Reaction score
Ok, though there are several other recruits that may potentially sign, the "big 3" right now are without a doubt Ragnow, Jones, and Holland. So, which of the following scenarios do you think will happen?

1) Jones only
2) Ragnow only
3) Holland only
4) Jones & Ragnow
5) Jones & Holland
6) Ragnow & Holland
7) Jones, Ragnow, & Holland

I like where the Gophers are sitting with all 3. Some I'm going all three.

5 or 7. I like where we are with Jones and Holland, but am less optimistic with Ragnow. No inside info, just my gut feeling.

I think we get all 3, I put it at a 90% chance on Jones and 75% chance on Ragnow and Holland.

I voted all three - my order of confidence (greatest confidence to least) is Jones, Ragnow, Holland, Jr.

5 or 7. I like where we are with Jones and Holland, but am less optimistic with Ragnow. No inside info, just my gut feeling.

My viewpoint as well.

I think we get all 3, I put it at a 90% chance on Jones and 75% chance on Ragnow and Holland.

You are cutting it a little close if you think we will get all three. If I assume that 75% chance you stated was for Ragnow and that there is another 75% chance a for Holland, the odds getting all three would be 50.65% (.90x.75x.75=50.65%) So yes, you are right, the chances are that we get all three but by the thinnest margin.

I say 7 because of Rodney's gopherhole q and a. He says him and Jeff talked bout being a great duo. I think Smith gets Holland to sign soon and Ragnow gets excited for the possibilities so he comes too.

You are cutting it a little close if you think we will get all three. If I assume that 75% chance you stated was for Ragnow and that there is another 75% chance a for Holland, the odds getting all three would be 50.65% (.90x.75x.75=50.65%) So yes, you are right, the chances are that we get all three but by the thinnest margin.

Way to bring in your fancy mathamamatics into it. :cool:

I think Jeff Jones is the only one we get. Melvin Holland is the next most likely, and I feel like we have something like a 20% chance with Ragnow. No inside info, I just don't see him coming here.

That said, I would love to have Ragnow and I am really pumped that it looks like Jones is headed our way.

Ragnow's other consideration is Arkansas. No way he is a Razorback. Winless in SEC. Hard to rebuild there. Can not deny Gophers are on the rise, big time. Ragnow 100%.

Jones is a Gopher all the way. He just was to great a talent not to take it to the end. He hasn't played games with us. He is a class act. He stays Maroon and Gold. Jones 100%.

Holland is coming with Smith who is the hidden gem of the class. Holland 100%.

This math is a bit easier. Math answer: 100%

I hate to list names because this is such an outstanding class for the Gophers. I really love Blasingame. I am excited about every last recruit. Every last one. I am curious who fills out the last few commits. They will be ones who fit the system and and overachieve.

It hurts when you lose some from the team that you were once excited about, but that is college football.

Gentry is the hidden gem of the class. The Gophers now think they can get him in school.

I think they will all sign and this will be an offensive powerhouse in a couple years….

My extent of following recruiting is reading the recruiting thread and I assume the coaches have figured out numbers and positions, but what do you guys think about the lack of cb commits? Could James be added to this list?

Isn't Holland JR ranked higher than Gentry? Much higher in fact?

not on rivals, on all the other sites he is though and holland's film is more impressive

*oh wow, Gentry is ranked as the #65 WR on rivals, that would give him a grade on 79 if you used his position ranking on rivals combined with the grading scale of ESPN. 79 is the highest grade a 3 star can get and is pretty darn close to 4 stars. He would be our 3rd highest rated recruit behind Holland and Jeff so Rivals clearly thinks very high of him. Scout also ranks him ahead of Holland at 83 which is still very high

Top Bottom