Daletavius McGhee, DB
Demaris Peppers, DL
Owen Salzwedel, DE
Ryan Santoso, K
Chris Wipson, LB
Nate Wozniak, TE
Berkely Edwards, RB.
Chris Streveler, QB

Yep. Not on the list I referenced for some reason. Teamwork!

I think the plan was to red shirt Jalen Myrick and play Berkley. As it is, every position coach gets to have someone new to play next year.

It is interesting how pulling red shirts seemed so random the last couple of years, but when the dust settles, it makes pretty good sense who played and who didn't.

P.S. I am glad they decided to give Jordan Hinojosa the red shirt he missed out on last year. It sets up the defensive tackles well. However, I bet they pick up a junior college defensive tackle this year.

Pretty pumped we kept the redshirt on Streveler. We're finally starting to build some depth at QB.

Conor Rhoda (QB), Michael Conway (QB), Borchardt (WR), Smith (WR), Hart (TE), Wright (OL), Fahning (OL)
Considering all the PWOs who have contributed to the Gopher's success…let's not forget them.

Conor Rhoda (QB), Michael Conway (QB), Borchardt (WR), Smith (WR), Hart (TE), Wright (OL), Fahning (OL)
Considering all the PWOs who have contributed to the Gopher's success…let's not forget them.

Leidner's brother Matt (OL) also walked on if I'm not mistaking.

you are correct…I skipped over his name thinking it was Mitch…good catch:)

He's going to be a good one. I really think the only thing that held him back from being a multiple offer guy was that he was a bit light in HS (265-270), but he is a tall and athletic OL that I view the exact same as a scholarship OL. I'd be pretty surprised if he isn't a big part of our future on the OL.

For those of you who haven't seen this yet or might have forgotten, here is his highlight tape. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSRxoqI9kw

Fahning on one side of the line and Pirsig on the other side?

Fahning on one side of the line and Pirsig on the other side?

I'm not sure where the dust settles as far as positions, but we have most of our OL returning next season, and we have a lot of depth throughout the classes. . .

I'm not sure where the dust settles as far as positions, but we have most of our OL returning next season, and we have a lot of depth throughout the classes. . .

Thinking back to 2011 when freshmen Gjere, Tommy Olson, Zac Epping, and Marek Lenkiewicz not only played, but started at different times.

Now, a linemen can be pretty talented but simply get beat out by a better player.

Laster RS'd? I guess that's why I never remember seeing him in action. I thought he was getting rave reviews from coaches during the spring/fall camps so I guess I assumed he'd be in the rotation. But glad to know we have some LBs that RS'd.

Also, I completely forgot about Jordan. I'm excited to see how he plays out in the B1G.

Amazing what a difference it makes when people, you know, don't leave.

The last decade has been atrocious for player retention.

The effects of that on program morale and identity are catastrophic.

Ever been to Senior Day at Iowa? It means something.

Another HUGE and great point. And one I never considered when judging the previous regime's go-round here. Getting good recruits to sign an LOI and getting them to STICK are two different but equally important battles. Last regime was good on the first but bad with the second.

Coach Kill talked a ton about depth when he first took over and looking back now, knowing what we know now on how he runs things, it's perfectly clear why we were so out manned vs. DII and FCS schools, much less within the conference...

Bingo. This is huge. Of Kill recruits, how many have left to play football elsewhere? I honestly do not know off the top of my head.

Yep, you're 100% right.

Attrition was a bigger problem under Brew than poor recruiting.

Kill is well on the way to putting the program on the classic five-year cycle. That's how you develop players both in terms of quantity and quality.

I look forward to the day underclassmen are rare in the two deep because of skilled, competitive upperclassmen. When an underclassman is in the two deep because they possess a special skill set rather than necessity. Being able to redshirt quality athletes is a good beginning to that.

We were able to redshirt some really talented kids this year. Gone are the days of having to plug in freshmen.

Top Bottom