2012 Recruiting Classes Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa... what have they lost

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
I am comparing the three classes and who has presently left early. (Note I added two Wisconsin players whose future time with the team could be in doubt.)

Minnesota -- (class of 27)
Andre McDonald WR 3* D3 school
Jamel Harbison WR 3* D2 school
Jordan Hinojosa DT 3* CC... then he did show up.

Wisconsin -- (class of 12)
Jake Meador OT 3* Injury
DJ Singleton DB 3* DNQ and then went to Nebraska
Reggie Mitchell WR 3* Transferred home to Pitt
(Vonte Jackson) RB 4* Has had torn ACL's on each knee. Still there, but we'll see...
(Bart Houston) QB 3* Still there, but if he doesn't win the job in the spring, I think even Wisconsin fans will think he should leave for his own good.

Iowa -- (class of 24)
Greg Garmon RB 4* Left. I couldn't find where he transferred.
Cameron Wilson WR 3* Left. I couldn't find where he transferred.
Anthony Morgan DB 3* Not on roster.
Kevin Buford DB 2* Left.

For the Gophers only to lose two in a class of 27 isn't bad. It just stinks that they both play the same position.
Iowa lost four, but they have a pretty big class and should be fine.
Wisconsin had a small class. They didn't have much margin for error. It will be interesting if this class starts to have an effect on their level of play the next year or two.

I am comparing the three classes and who has presently left early. (Note I added two Wisconsin players whose future time with the team could be in doubt.)

Minnesota -- (class of 27)
Andre McDonald WR 3* D3 school
Jamel Harbison WR 3* D2 school
Jordan Hinojosa DT 3* CC... then he did show up.

Wisconsin -- (class of 12)
Jake Meador OT 3* Injury
DJ Singleton DB 3* DNQ and then went to Nebraska
Reggie Mitchell WR 3* Transferred home to Pitt
(Vonte Jackson) RB 4* Has had torn ACL's on each knee. Still here, but we'll see...
(Bart Houston) QB 3* Still there, but if he doesn't win the job in the spring, I think even Wisconsin fans will think he should leave for his own good.

Iowa -- (class of 24)
Greg Garmon RB 4* Left. I couldn't find where he transferred.
Cameron Wilson WR 3* Left. I couldn't find where he transferred.
Anthony Morgan DB 3* Not on roster.
Kevin Buford DB 2* Left.

For the Gophers only to lose two in a class of 27 isn't bad. It just stinks that they both play the same position.
Iowa lost four, but they have a pretty big class and should be fine.
Wisconsin had a small class. They didn't have much margin for error. It will be interesting if this class starts to have an effect on their level of play the next year or two.

The retention factor for Kill has been superb thusfar. Once this class, which was entirely made of guys Kill recruited are 5th year seniors we will finally be on even ground with most B1G schools.
It's kinda funny(in a twisted way) that all major defections from Kill's program here were WRs. Moulton, Harris, Barker, McDonald, DCT, and now Harbison.
I'm thinking Jones may have to move back to WR next season just to fill out the depth chart. PAGING MR. HOLLAND, MR HOLLAND YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED ON THE FLANK

I'm thinking Jones may have to move back to WR next season

Huh?

EDIT: I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about, but then I realized you were referring to Marcus.

I guess we can add Nelson to the Minnesota list.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom