2012 Camps Thread: Rumors, Updates, etc.

GopherInPittsburgh

Reaction score
Finally something for us diehards. The incoming recruits are now on campus and today was the first day of camps. Add your rumors, tweets, etc.

From RyanBurnsGI:

#Minnesota DB Malik Rucker (@MRuck2) attended the Gopher camp this afternoon and told me he'll probably commit somewhere soon.

#Minnesota is number one on the list of Texas OT Alex Mayes (@Alex_Mayes78) and his younger brother Connor (@Cmayes_72) they said today.

I stopped by for about an hour or so today. any word on who the kicker was that was at the camp today? Get that guy an offer.

Any other standouts/potential recruits at camp today?

Tweet from Rucker:

"#teamGophers #teamHawkeyes #teamCyclones #teamFightingIllini #teamJayhawks #teamSundevils #teamWolPack :)"

Go Gophers!!

I stopped by for about an hour or so today. any word on who the kicker was that was at the camp today? Get that guy an offer.

Donnie Manke from WI

Other standouts/ potential reecruits.

Rhodes and Brookins looked very good today in coverage. Brookins has committed and Rhodes a local kid from Saint Paul doesn't have a offer yet, think their waiting on his ACTs or something.

Rivals is saying that Wipson was very impressive at camp and is meeting with Kill today. Sounds likely that an offer is coming.

Any word on Cottrell and whether he attended camp?

Greyshirt sighting?

Was just over to campus on an errand.
Saw Ben Lauer walking around with one of the staff.
Apparently not a greyshirt, and is here. Very impressive size, his height/frame stands out.
Didn't look like a freshman that's for sure.
FWIW

Lauer and Duke not gray shirting is old news. Rhodes will get an offer if he can raise his core gpa.

Rivals is saying that Wipson was very impressive at camp and is meeting with Kill today. Sounds likely that an offer is coming.

No surprise right here for me.

I think Wipson and Cottrell will both be solid Big 10 caliber LB's. I hope Cottrell is at camp and I hope we can change his mind.

He looks impressive in his video, good instincts, takes good angles, good form. I'm not quite sure why he doesn't have more offers, maybe it's a speed thing?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i0yFqSiyewE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Wipson-136961
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=6328478

If it is he has a pretty good offer list, Califonia, Cinncinati, Iowa, and most of the MAC along with us.

He is the perfect recruit - Position of need and a Western Michigan offer.

Agreed. Posters have said that Edwards is Michigan-level material, but they already have received a couple commitments at RB.

Curseislifted33 said:
lol starting a 40 at full speed is the same as a normal one, right?
Did you brink up 40 time!! Hand timed or click timed...Here come the Piranhas!

Impressive tape, I hate when they speed it up though. It makes it so much harder to tell his quickness.

Top Bottom