2011 recruiting class is looking better now than a week ago

hungan1

Reaction score
with 24 commits. It is smart on Coach Kill's part to save some scholarships in case there are diamonds in the rough. There are still unsigned players out there. The more I read about Coach Kill's hard work the more I think he eventually will land more better in future recruiting classes. The key is the Gophers must start winning winnable games. Only good things will come from that.

It makes perfect sense, in hindsight, that Kill would have waited until after signing day to ink some players. That's a great deal of what MAC schools have done for decades.

Yet another "so it has come to this" post...

praise the head coach because he lost all of his major recruting battles and therefore was able to save scholarship and steal from Portland State and Texas State. Oh, and we want to get MAC level classes. I just don't get it... This program will not rise until there are higher standards.

Yet another "so it has come to this" post...

praise the head coach because he lost all of his major recruting battles and therefore was able to save scholarship and steal from Portland State and Texas State. Oh, and we want to get MAC level classes. I just don't get it... This program will not rise until there are higher standards.

Is it me, or did he just get a guy with an offer from Stanford? I assume you would call this a good pickup, right? I will admit that the Portland State/Texas State offer list is a little underwhelming, but you seemed to have conveniently forgotten the one who had a good offer list. Then again, that would have destroyed your point.

Are you surprised that he lost the recruiting battles when he has been at MN for so short a time? Are you really judging his ability as a recruiter on two months of work?

If a recruit chooses to come here and actually is able to stay in school for four years and develop is more important than who else is recruiting him or his star rating. Three names come to mind, Marion Barber lll, Erik Decker, Greg Eslinger. Good luck to all in this years class.

Top Bottom