What do you think?

Who will start next year?
My bet is Andre H @ PG
Austin H @ SG
Rodney W @ SF
Trevor M @ PF
Ralph S @ C
What do you think?

Likely those 5 if all are still Gophers in 2012. A couple have NBA possibilities.

i think joe, and chip compete for austin's spot. if chip develops a shot over the summer, hes as good as any, joe could very well be the best of all of them. I hope rodney developes a consistant shot as well.

FOT, Who has NBA possibilities? No one is close in my mind.

I like Chip more than austin hollins.

Is Joe Coleman a SG or a SF?

Defense

Austin might start because of his defense. Tough to start two freshmen on defense.

FOT, Who has NBA possibilities? No one is close in my mind.
QUOTE]

Exactly.

Rodney - no jumpshot or 3 ball
Ralph - not strong enough, too timid
Trevor - undersized for a post in the pros, no true jumper

I like Chip over Austin as well.

I really hope Trevor comes back for a 5th year.

But would not be surprised if he does not. If he can get drafted, I would think he would be gone. He has been through a lot of drama. He has a child. 4 years of college, already. He could get hurt like Mo - there is no guarantee he has a better year if he stays (the Gophers are losing their senior guards and defenses may pack in on Trevor).

I know nothing about the NBA but I would think he could be a 2nd round pick. If not the NBA, Greece has a nice climate.

What are the chances he is good enough to start as a freshman next year? Hate to have 2 freshman and Rodney I'mnotagreatcalminginfluence Williams as your backcourt. But if he can knock down a jumper it would be great for him to step into the 2 roll.

Couldn't we look to redshirt Coleman if you have Hollins and Mav at the point, Chip and A Hollins at the two? Coleman's outside jumper is a work in progress and basically just goes to the basket against high school competition won't work as well against Big Ten oponents.

When you look at this teams roster next year, it is blatantly obvious that Andre Hollins needs to be a stud next year.

Dont know if Hollins can really start next year as a Freshman. I hope Mbakwe comes back next year, we would be sooo deep with big men, Sampson, Iverson, Mbakwe, Elliason, Walker, wow. He may leave but he needs to develop some post moves for the next level. He is a great rebounder and shot blocker, can leap out the room but cannot hit an open jumpshot from anywhere. I think his free throw shooting has improved over the past few games. Leading the Big Ten in rebounding always looks good on your resume though, it would be interesting to see where he gets drafted.

When you look at this teams roster next year, it is blatantly obvious that Andre Hollins needs to be a stud next year.

Agree. But what happens if Andre gets hurt? Tubby doesn't seem to be a big Juco fan, but would think the Gophers might go for a Juco point guard (with Devoe's scholarship).

Otherwise it is Andre and Mav at PG.

Tubby has shown he will recruit the necessary Juco.
Bostick, Carter, Mbakwe

With a line up like this...we could be very mediocre next year unless somebody develops a shot.

I think we can't forget we have Oto and Halverson competing next year...both will have a year practicing the Tubby system and if Oto can shoot...he should have a leg up on the Fr.

why even mention halverson? he cant do jack except dunk. i know i know so cant rodney, but youd be wrong, at least rodney can play D, rebound, rack up a couple assists, and block anything in sight.

Agree. But what happens if Andre gets hurt? Tubby doesn't seem to be a big Juco fan, but would think the Gophers might go for a Juco point guard (with Devoe's scholarship).

Otherwise it is Andre and Mav at PG.[/QUOTE

If Maverick is playing regularly next season, I'll be worried. He is not a Big Ten point guard.

A lot of people bash Nolen and Hoff, granted they will not be all americans or even first team big ten, but there is something to be said for senior guards. They will be missed big time.

Top Bottom