2010 Recruiting ?

Reserve

Reaction score
I haven't seen much if anything mentioned about our 2010 recruiting. Is there a list or update somewhere to see who Tubby is after ?

Thanks.

I haven't seen much if anything mentioned about our 2010 recruiting. Is there a list or update somewhere to see who Tubby is after ?

Thanks.

There are a few guys that have been mentioned so far, although recruiting has been pretty slow so far.

Harrison Barnes, 6-6 SF out of Ames, Iowa is apparently still on the Gophers radar. Most seem to believe he'll be heading to one of the big programs recruiting him (North Carolina, Duke, Kansas to name a few of those), but Tubby has visited him a couple of times in the past few months and Barnes will also be playing a few events with Howard Pulley AAU, so I guess we'll see.

Jacob Thomas 6-4 SG out of Columbia Heights has all but said he wants to be a Gopher. The word is he has some other schools recruiting him, but that if he received an offer from the Gophers, he would probably commit on the spot. Will be playing with Howard Pulley this summer after having a very good junior season.

Cory Joseph 6-3 PG/SG is the brother of Devoe Joseph. He's coming off a season in which he played for the nation's best prep team in Findlay Prep in Las Vegas. His stock has taken off with the increased visibility and he's got a bunch of schools recruiting him hard. Nevertheless, it would be surprising if he didn't give the Gophers a pretty hard look.

Elliot Eliason is a 6-11 C out of Nebraska. He's sort of intriguing. Apparently played well down the stretch of his junior season and has been gaining steam on the recruiting trail. He kind of looks like a wildcard to me.

Chad Calcaterra is a 6-10 C out of Cloquet. Had a big year for Cloquet, but there are some questions as to whether or not he is a legitimate Big Ten player. I guess we'll see where things go from here.

Other guys the Gophers are supposedly looking at:

Casey Prather, 6-7 SF out of Tennessee
Jalen Kendrick 6-6 SF out of Georgia
Kadeem Green 6-8 PF (originally from Canada, now playing in Florida)
Kyle Kelm 6-10 C out of Randolph, WI
Mike McCall 6-4 SG
Aaron Cosby 6-2 PG out of Louisville, KY (had Gophers as one of his leaders, although I have no idea if that is still the case)

there might be more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

2010 recruiting is kind of odd to me. They're targeting big men and wings but I don't think we'll get any top 100 types unless Joseph comes

We'll be young and talented next year. not a great mix for getting top kids, they want to play. Big men require grooming so you need to get one a year if you can. I would think we'll be a very attractive school for a PG, that may be our big score if we have one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tubby hold a schollie back for the following year. So i'd look for a big man, and a PG, and shut the door unless we get unexpected interest from top talent.

Joseph, Barnes, and Prather are superstars. The others presently on the radar seem like complimentary types. It would be nice to get either Barnes and Prather to play on the wing here, I see it as a potential hole.

Top Bottom