2010 recruiting: few questions regarding taylor grant of eden prairie, mn high school

Reaction score
does minnesota have interest in him? what are his other offers? for those who know him or have seen him play enough times....what are your thoughts? he seems like a very athletic TE with really good hands. does he have the size to be able to play TE in college?

from sid hartman's recent article it sounds like pete carroll of usc will be making a visit to his home in the near future.

Check out this thread from earlier in the month. I hadn't seen Sid mention Grant recently, what did he say? From the thread earlier the only programs mentioned are ours and Iowa's. But from the sound of it he's a Grant, and Minnesota seems to be in the family bloodline. That being said I'd be super excited to have him as a walk on or schollie.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?p=104957

Correction I did see that Sid comment in the paper this morning. He does claim that Pete Carroll is coming for a home visits to both Henderson and Grant. Pretty curious as I haven't heard any big talk about Grant as a recruit. Or it could be Sid being Sid.

does minnesota have interest in him? what are his other offers? for those who know him or have seen him play enough times....what are your thoughts? he seems like a very athletic TE with really good hands. does he have the size to be able to play TE in college?

from sid hartman's recent article it sounds like pete carroll of usc will be making a visit to his home in the near future.

I have seen Taylor play numerous times. He is a nice player, and has good hands as a tight end. He also plays defense, and does a very nice job with that as well.

Having said that, I would be literally shocked if he received consideration from USC. He's a good player, and could be very good with time, but he's not good enough to play for USC.

You have to remember, Pete Carroll does an amazing job at adding walk ons. Don't you guys remember Rallis for the Gophers, when he was in HS he was offered a walk on here and USC (he chose the Gophers). But it is not unheard for Pete Carroll to offer a good football player like Grant a chance to walk on at USC.

With EP being the football dynasty in MN, this could just be USC establishing rapport for future top-level recruits coming down the pike. Just my opinion....

With EP being the football dynasty in MN, this could just be USC establishing rapport for future top-level recruits coming down the pike. Just my opinion....

Don't you remember when Carroll rode into town and came out with an EP legend?

there maybe something to that. But he's a decent football prospect, so maybe a bit of both.

Do you think money is an issue for him??????????????????????????

Do you think money is an issue for him??????????????????????????

I'm sure the Grants are doing OK, but why would they have so much money it isn't an issue? Bud was before the big bucks. Maybe they're swimming in it, but on the face of it I don't see why they would be.

Top Bottom