2010 RB Andre Dawson

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Minnesota is apparently back in the mix for this 3 star RB out of Iowa. Anyone heard anything? Both Rivals and Scout show multiple BCS offers (including Iowa,) but his only scheduled visit so far is to Northern Iowa.

Minnesota is apparently back in the mix for this 3 star RB out of Iowa. Anyone heard anything? Both Rivals and Scout show multiple BCS offers (including Iowa,) but his only scheduled visit so far is to Northern Iowa.

There was a post on HawkeyeReport a few days ago that said Dawson was heading to UNI because of grades. It also claimed that he had tried to commit to both Purdue and Kansas, but was turned down by both because of grades. I would assume that his interest is Minnesota does not mean that there is mutual interest.

There was a post on HawkeyeReport a few days ago that said Dawson was heading to UNI because of grades. It also claimed that he had tried to commit to both Purdue and Kansas, but was turned down by both because of grades. I would assume that his interest is Minnesota does not mean that there is mutual interest.

Thanks for the info. I had heard that Dawson was late to the party in Iowa City and lost his offer, but the issue was apparently grades.

Its amazing that he has any eligibility left. I am not sure if he has anything left in the tank as his knees looked pretty bad while at Chicago. But he could really cover ground at old Olympic Stadium and had a cannon for an arm...maybe some RB option passes. We could stick it to the Hawkeyes by getting the Hawk and you can't pass up a hall of famer... Wait is it possible that there could be more than one Andre Dawson. No its gotta be the same guy.

I'm figuring if he couldn't get admitted into Kansas that he probably isn't going to be allowed to enroll here. Maybe not, though.

I wouldn't want to take the chance, imo.

Hadn't heard about the grades thing, but Iowa stopped seriously recruiting him months ago.

i dont think hes a div1a prospect personally. He actually was a rivals 4 star. I think a lot of people saw the potential two years ago, and hes been floating off that. He never realized the potential people thought he would.

Top Bottom