2004 gophers

Some guy

Reaction score
Were the most disappointing ever

discuss

On October 10, 2003, I lost the physical and emotional ability to ever be disappointed by the results of a sporting event.
I can’t believe that is 18 years ago. That would be the same time difference if we were discussing a game back in 1985 (maybe we were talking about the 13-7 Oklahoma game) in 2003. That would have seemed like a long time ago back then.

I’m guessing this will only make sense to folks in their mid 40’s and older. It’s amazing how fast time moves as you get older.

On October 10, 2003, I lost the physical and emotional ability to ever be disappointed by the results of a sporting event.
October 15, 2005 was brutal too. Blocked punt at the end for a 38-34 loss to Wisconsin. Just take a damned safety and it would have been a 34-33 win.

The 2004 team should’ve been better than the 2003 team.

October 15, 2005 was brutal too. Blocked punt at the end for a 38-34 loss to Wisconsin. Just take a damned safety and it would have been a 34-33 win.
This was a brutal one. I was there.

This was a brutal one. I was there.
Me too and the 2003 Michigan game, still I carried on and stayed a Gopher fanatic. I was in my glory at the game on Nov. 9, 2019. I just stood there after the game and watched the fans swarm on the field. Glad the younger fans, including my two sons, could enjoy that moment.

I know not of these games you are referencing...

The last game I ever watched with both my parents. Visited me at school and we watched the end on my dorm room TV. Will never forget it. My mom died 3 months later. Spent much of the time in the hospital. Just fucking brutal.

I was there and have replayed the last sequence endlessly. Mason played it like he had a defense, which he did not, especially in the 4th quarter of that game. He gave it to Maroney 3 times and couldn't get a first down. I was yelling for Russell to get that last carry. Then I was hoping he had the nerve to go for it on 4th and 1. If he makes it, it's game over. If he punts successfully it seemed a certainty that Wisconsin would have the ball at midfield and soon be in position for a comfortable field goal try, at the very least. The safety would have been preferrred after the dropped snap but it certainly would not have insured a win, for the reasons stated above. Man, that gut-punch certainly killed the elation over the Michigan win the week before.

The last game I ever watched with both my parents. Visited me at school and we watched the end on my dorm room TV. Will never forget it. My mom died 3 months later. Spent much of the time in the hospital. Just fucking brutal.
Props. Always tough.

04 was a let down. I thought Cupito was leading us to the Rose Bowl after we buried Toledo.

Mason settling for a 54 yard field goal acting like it was a PAT and missing it to end the season vs Iowa was the icing on the shit season.

Top Bottom