2003 Sun Bowl on BTN now

If you want a look at different view of Mason's Gopher, the 2002 Music City Bowl is on BTN at 3:30.

They beat Arkansas 29-14.

Last edited:

If you want a look at different view of Mason's Gopher, the 2002 Music City Bowl is on at 2:00.

They beat Arkansas 29-14.
Oh I know there were individual games in which the defense played well during Grinning Glen’s tenure, but overall I remember many times where the 2003 game defense (or worse) was the norm.

If they could have fielded a consistently good defense he might still be coaching here.

Oh I know there were individual games in which the defense played well during Grinning Glen’s tenure, but overall I remember many times where the 2003 game defense (or worse) was the norm.

If they could have fielded a consistently good defense he might still be coaching here.
Wasn't that 2003 defense actually pretty good statistically? I feel like it gets a bad reputation because when we think of 2003, we all think of the one night we don't speak about, where the defense was quite awful.

Wasn't that 2003 defense actually pretty good statistically? I feel like it gets a bad reputation because when we think of 2003, we all think of the one night we don't speak about, where the defense was quite awful.
U are correct sir👍
we finished 10-3 and only allowed 285 points from those 13 games per the internet, while scoring 503 ourselves.

The 2003 team was a great team Offensively. Averaging 38.7pts a game and ranking 7th in the country out of 117 teams.

Defensively? They were above average. Ranking 35th out of those same 117 teams.

His teams mainly had to outscore the other team to win. The Music City Bowl in 2002 was a fairly rare example of shutting a top conference school down.

The 2003 team was a great team Offensively. Averaging 38.7pts a game and ranking 7th in the country out of 117 teams.

Defensively? They were above average. Ranking 35th out of those same 117 teams.

His teams mainly had to outscore the other team to win. The Music City Bowl in 2002 was a fairly rare example of shutting a top conference school down.
Ok, that's about what I remember. Thanks for verifying. I don't know if we will ever see an offense more fun to watch than the Barber/Maroney attack.

Mason won bowl games against Alabama, Arkansas, and Oregon.
In consecutive years.

Why yes he did. He also crushed UCLA when he was at Kasas. He lost Bowl Games against Oregon, NC State, Virginia and Texas Tech.

The thing is, the original post was about the Oregon game which was being shown on BTN. The Arkansas game was mentioned because it is also gonna be shown on BTN, at 3:30 Central Time today. Which is why they both were mentioned..

Why yes he did. He also crushed UCLA when he was at Kasas. He lost Bowl Games against Oregon, NC State, Virginia and Texas Tech.

The thing is, the original post was about the Oregon game which was being shown on BTN. The Arkansas game was mentioned because it is also gonna be shown on BTN, at 3:30 Central Time today. Which is why they both were mentioned..
Correct. Not intended to fawn over Mase. The blown leads, significantly - if not historically - against NC State, UVA, and TT, remain stupefying. The three games mentioned I would reference to friends and foes, in a mystified and wistful trance, when a short 5+ years later we were losing to the likes of SoDak and the ND Buffaloes, and thinking how in the £?[# did we get here?!?

Glad we’re here, now. Let’s win tonight!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom