<20,000 = Guaranteed seat back?

at the bar

Reaction score
There are 20,000 seats in TCF with seat backs. If your selection number is below 20,000 are you guaranteed a seat back option to pick when it is your time for seat selections?

I know there are donations required for 10,000 of the seats but in theory if you were willing to make a donation if needed will you have a seat back option for sure when it's time to pick seats?

There are 20,000 seats in TCF with seat backs. If your selection number is below 20,000 are you guaranteed a seat back option to pick when it is your time for seat selections?

I know there are donations required for 10,000 of the seats but in theory if you were willing to make a donation if needed will you have a seat back option for sure when it's time to pick seats?

I think if you number is approx 18,750 or below and you are willing to pony up some $$$ amount if required then you are guaranteed a chairback. 1,250 of the chairbacks are in the Outdoor Club seat section and are considered premium seats, thus the 18,750 remaining.

Were any season tickets first acquired for 09? Or did everybody have tickets last year at least?

What is the highest ranking that anybody knows about?

Were any season tickets first acquired for 09? Or did everybody have tickets last year at least?

What is the highest ranking that anybody knows about?

You had to have purchased them for last season. The wait list on season tix at TCF started in mid-October.

Gopher Ace -

I bought tickets in the middle of last year, at the start of the big 10 season, when they did the "only 300" left" campaign to guarantee a seat in '09 thing. My number is 28,4xx. I also gave $41 to the stadium to jump over about 600 people, so my best guess is right around 29k.

I personally want to be on the benches because I think people will stand more there. Thus, I won't look like as much of a jerkface when I'm standing and yelling/cheering.

I'm assuming I get metal bleacher seats at this point. Seat cushion or longunderwear?

Im thinking the latter because I want to go the bar before/after the games.

Bring the seat cushion to the bar

Big deal. I saw hawkeye fans carrying them all over the place. Cushion in one hand, beer in the other. :pig:

It is what we do at Packer games all the time, everyone just carries around their little folding bench seats, or rents one of the cheap orange ones. Another good idea for the cold games is to bring a little 1x2 piece of pink styrofoam insulation to put under your feet. For cold games it really helps keep your feet from getting cold and it is more comfortable to stand on than concrete.

The actually number of chairback seats is 22,470. Of those 344 are wheelchair accessable, 439 are reserved for the athletic department, 116 are reserved for the visiting team, 1252 are outdoor club seats and require a donation of $1525, 3528 require a $500 donation, 4915 require a $250 donation, 1500 require a $100 donation and 10,376 don't require any donation. So if you take out the outdoor club seats, accessable, visitor and AD you are left with 20,319 chairback seats that were available when selection started. So technically if you are willing to pony up some cash you could get a chairback seat if you were in the first 20,319. As of Sunday night 15,908 were left available. Hope that helps answer the question.

I counted 5,433 bench seats in the lower level(not counting students). So 20,319 plus 5,433 = 25,752. That does not count accessable or club or anything. So if you are under 25,752 you should be either in a chair-back or on the lower level.

Gopher Ace -

I bought tickets in the middle of last year, at the start of the big 10 season, when they did the "only 300" left" campaign to guarantee a seat in '09 thing. My number is 28,4xx. I also gave $41 to the stadium to jump over about 600 people, so my best guess is right around 29k.

Great job of estimating. According to the Star Tribune, the season ticket base is currently 29,110. Looks like we can expect about 15,000 Badger fans this fall. Better than 25,000, anyway.

Shouldn't be 15,000 Badger fans.

50,000 seats less 10,000 students less 1,500 club seats less 3,000 mandatory visitor seats less 500 (give or take) athletic dept tickets and you only have 35,000 seats to fill.

29,000 season tix already plus a waiting list at 1,400 plus ( average 3 tickets is 4,200). It will be darn close to sold out with season tix.

Top Bottom