$2 million + in NIL and marketing deals are in place for Great Osobor this season, making him the highest-paid known player in college basketball.

Dang!!!! You have to be kidding me!
So does this then put to rest no NIL for foreign players?

My hot take is if everything falls into place with the marketing deals he makes a bunch of money.
George represents Landry Shamet, John Kochar, Ben Sheppard, Nerlens Noel, Allize Johnson, Louis King, Trevor Hudgins, Tosan Evbuomwan of the NBA
The first 3 of that list are making money.

Go Gophers!!
Crazy. I haven't seen him play but his stats per minute are not much different than Pharrel Payne's. Like Payne he doesn't appear to shoot with range, he is a poor FT shooter (better than Payne), turns the ball over quite a bit and can block shots (not at the pace Payne can).

Good time to be an in demand college basketball player.......but yeah.....the whole thing is ridiculous and unsustainable.
Be interesting when someone takes the money and goes through the motions; or when a couple of players are producing over their pay grade and someone getting twice the money isn't doing crap; or when a high buck guy decides either the coach goes or I'm out of here; or ... all sorts of scenarios. I'm sure some have already happened.

This is completely out of control. I watched Utah State around 6-7 times last year, and not once did this guy look elite to me. He’s a really solid, yet unspectacular, undersized center, with above average footwork. I wouldn't even think twice about taking Payne over him.

Every single college basketball player needs fire their agent and hire this guy immediately.

...this trend is going to be like the housing market....HOT FOR SOME TIME and then......once people figure out buying players still doesn't get them to the NCAA.

Top Bottom